Bluff at Poker

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
measures you say is not to be bluffed? it is impossible to achieve this, even professional players fall into bluffs imagine mere mortals. What you can do to train your reading and understand the ranges by position, to know if the village's play matches the board and the range he plays from a certain position, and even then you will still be bluffed sometimes.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
The bluff is a strategy that must be used in poker ... however the key is to know when to use it ... and for that we must take into account against which opponent we will do it and under what circumstances we will do it ...

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
observing your opponents and performing certain actions based on observation in a game situation with the number of game tournaments the number of hands you will gain experience gain knowledge and it will become easier for you to play

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many players use bluffing, as this is a very good way to earn chips, the card will not always be good and bluffing is always appropriate, the main thing is not to do it too often, otherwise they will simply not believe us and will win against us.

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you start playing alot you learn more about your opponent, I remember some of the names lol, an how they play,

Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a good reading of hands and having knowledge of your rival, having data will help you to know if your opponent abuses the bluff or not and thus you will know when to play him

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
As in other strategy and card games, I believe that bluffing is a tool that every player can and should use at the right time in the tournament or cash game, if by chance you use this technique at an inopportune time the chance of losing is great

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Value Extraction
I think extracting maximum value from the two cards you are dealt is very important and Value Betting will yield many more times the profits then pure bluffing with complete air.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the bluff cannot escape and there is no way to know 100% if your opponent is bluffing, but with a good reading of the table and writing down the players to minimize the effects

B

Beniciokgm

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
good question i also have a lot of difficulty on this point as i played only live i could have less difficulties but online i believe with a certain time i will improve

N

nita3471

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
By being patient and get the right hole cards.

zvezdadelije

zvezdadelije

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to understand what situations you and your opponent would bluff. At times you need to take a moment and think about how your opponent played a particular hand, and whether this is their default go to. If it is, then next time around it would give more information.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I believe bluffing is appropriate when you have a decent bankroll or none at all.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In many tournaments there are players who use the bluff strategy. What measures could a beginner player use to avoid falling into this game strategy?

Learn poker theory, practice a lot, and the experience will come naturally. Pay attention to your mistakes, watch other players play, apply your skills and hone them. Transfer your gaming experience and your feelings to the game of opponents and subject it to analysis. Read books on the psychology of poker.
Here are the highlights
There are no easy ways.

LuckyBundy13

LuckyBundy13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, none of these replies explain why, when or how you should should be bluffing.

I'm too drunk to even try to explain but please know that you're all wrong, lol

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bluffing is part of the poker, but as the contrary as the people think is that bluffing is too often. The pros rarely bluff. Of course they do it and they even want to be caught in their bluffs sometimes.
The beginners bluff too much. Would say this is cannot be called a strategy as you must use it only in a certain times.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is part of the poker, but as the contrary as the people think is that bluffing is too often. The pros rarely bluff. Of course they do it and they even want to be caught in their bluffs sometimes.
The beginners bluff too much. Would say this is cannot be called a strategy as you must use it only in a certain times.
I agree
beginners often overuse this technique and end up being used by experienced players, which is not conducive to the game and development of poker in general

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluff is a big part of winning but you should use it carefully

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the key is in the BEGINNER part in your question - you can avoid and win players who bluff with experience. I mean - if you're a beginner, there is no way you could tell a bluff apart from solid play, unless the player bluffs like being insane. However, with time and experience, you will tell.

C

chpoken

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight against this style of play

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fold a lot and make it noticeable. tank if you must then fold to let your opponents know you are making hard folds, also play with their patience and timing, so when you start playing and betting they know you have something just make sure you play your position well. you can now be the bluffer if you have strong hand and if you hit you can check and pretend you didn't hit and try to bait the bluffer to give you his chips, then he will be out of the tournament and you keep playing.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Most players realize that Table Image and Bluff frequency seldom matters at micro or low level stakes games. These players aren't typically focused enough to put the pieces together.