Bluff

Fernando Lopes

Fernando Lopes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Poker is a game of situations, there are many contexts, thousands of possibilities, players with different personalities. So, I don't think there's an exact rule for when to bluff, just knowing when you're safe. But bluffing in online poker seems to be super dangerous, if you're playing against a bad player, he doesn't really know he's in danger and will end up calling your bluff.
Therefore, I only bluff when I am VERY safe, for example if I have a draw on the flop, second pair, something that can become something bigger by the river, but I would probably like to win the pot as soon as possible...
But is bluffing so important in an MTT? Will I be able to reach the FT in an MTT without bluffing? That seems like a totally anti-poker idea lol

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You need to steal blinds if you wanna get a good result in a MTT. f course, I1m not talking about that crazy maniac preflop plays You see in massive freerolls. But in certain occasions it's the right play. As a example, if you are near the bubble, and have a comfortable stack against a player that is clearly waiting to get ITM. When the small blind raises, you pay and then he limps after the flop. With a dry board against very nit players.
Everything is based in find the right spot to bluff. Doing it is profitable in long term.

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes bluffing is important in Poker lol

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Will I be able to reach the FT in an MTT without bluffing?
I believe that bluffing should be considered a strategy, you will hardly be able to reach a final table without bluffing, but I say that in a normal world, where people play real poker, by the rules, using a range of hands, and obeying the table positions.
Now if it's in Cardschat freerolls forget the bluff, the guys play by looking at the two cards they have in their hands, if there's even the slightest chance of the villain hitting something he'll pay, if he hit the third pair on the flop he'll pay until the final, and worse is able to c.bet after the flop and the villain with third to go allin.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I personally like to use the "semi-bluff". I mean when you flop a flush draw for example, of course you can bet because you can make your opponent fold... or improve your hand with the turn or the river.
When playing a MTT you must bluff sometimes otherwise it's impossible to reach the FT.