I was wondering what flops are you bluffing?And with what cards?:rolleyes:

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it depends more on how many players paid to see the flop, and whether it's a cash game or a tournament. With only one opponent (especially if he's in the blinds) at a 6-max cash table I'll c-bet just about any flop.

charlesdenis

charlesdenis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depending on the view I have of the villain I usually bluff when I am the aggressor with high flop cards like A, K and many low cards, dry flop that I imagine the shot has not hit. It is difficult to talk about bluffing, because it depends a lot on each player and the reading that the same has of the table and the adiversarios

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In order to crank out a successful bluff in poker, you need to find out which kind of bluff will work best with which type of player. A good poker player understands the difference, and a bad poker player does not care. Good players know that people can be transfigured, and cards can not be.

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In order to crank out a successful bluff in poker, you need to find out which kind of bluff will work best with which type of player. A good poker player understands the difference, and a bad poker player does not care. Good players know that people can be transfigured, and cards can not be.

:icon_thum and if you never get caught off the bluff, bluffing too seldom.

charlie2013

charlie2013

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest I don´t bluff too much. Only in cases if I am losing the hand and I know my opponent will not play because he or she´s a tight player and will
fold if I bet or raise too much chips. But in the other hand, there are those hands which we play with 3 and 4 or other cards suited and the flop shows A K K or A J K...then I bluff or fold of course.

W

white_vision0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes bluff missed flops, with high betting pre-flop, so big cards in my hand

M

martkal44

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the situation. Are we heads up, is it multiway? What's your position, who has the lead with the betting, (who made the last raise).

Ask yourself why do we bluff too? Is it to win the pot there and then, is it to semi-bluff, is it to find out where we are..just incase your bluff isn't really a bluff, it's possible your opponent missed the flop too.

As an example where I would maybe bluff is in position, heads up, with the lead. I miss the flop, but firing a continuation bet in my opinion is almost certainly the best option no matter what the flop is. It forces your opponent to think about ther move. You're the preflop aggressor and could win the pot there and then.

If you checked in this position, VILLIAN could raise and you are almost forced to fold. If he checks then you have given him a free card to improve his hand.

So every situation is different.

Hope this somewhat helps :)

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every situation is different.If someone raises pre-flop I'll usually not try and bluff against them.

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so the question was what flops? what cards?

any flop if versus 1 player, if versus 2 players and flop comes high JQKA, you can bet that it hit one of the two, or someone has a 10, so if I have 6's, im checking out. Doyle Brunson once said, if the flop misses me, Im done with the hand.

Cards I look to bluff with are suited connectors, suited Aces where I flop the nut flush draw. Nothing too fancy.

someone else mentioned this, but how tight is the guy your against? that matters.