blew bankroll.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really think chris gets so much hate for something he had little control over.

He was not just some random shareholder or red pro. He was member of the board of directors. That means that he had a fiduciary duty to know what was going on. He can't just hide his head in the sand and say, "I had no idea what Ray Bitar was doing." Chris either knew what was happening or was criminally negligent for not knowing.

He is a brilliant man and by all accounts does a lot of legit charity work but he is still responsible both morally and legally for the debacle at Full Tilt.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He was not just some random shareholder or red pro. He was member of the board of directors. That means that he had a fiduciary duty to know what was going on. He can't just hide his head in the sand and say, "I had no idea what Ray Bitar was doing." Chris either knew what was happening or was criminally negligent for not knowing.

He is a brilliant man and by all accounts does a lot of legit charity work but he is still responsible both morally and legally for the debacle at Full Tilt.

^^This. So much this. Why do some people still think these guys are blameless? For those of you hold still hold that belief; what do you think the Board of Directors job is. Or, one of them anyway. I'll give you a clue.....AB nailed it.

moemtg

moemtg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey there machine... don't feel too bad about what happened... just try and learn from the mistakes...

I just did the same thing yesterday (however I played SNG HU games) and blew my roll that I turned $20 into $135... I was an idiot when I started losing SNG HU's at $10 level I was playing and decided why not play a $60 HU to make up for it... FACEPALM MOMENT...

I lost it all eventually. I have another problem though asides that... I am diagnosed bipolar/schizophrenic and I hadn't slept for over three days... I should not have been playing poker as I get delusional and was delusional at the time and not making the decisions I would usually make when "normal"... I am pissed at myself for not taking my Seroquel as I should have... thinking that the meds make me worse at poker when in fact THEY ARE what stabalizes me.

I am not sure how to approach my problem now... I guess I really need to go back to SNAMHS (Southern Neveda Adult Mental Health Services) and let them know my meds are not working properly as I still suffer from insomnia. Furthermore I guess I should just chill on the poker and not attempt to deposit any more money until I am back to normal. I hate having a mental health condition... makes life difficult... but I guess I can only roll with the punches.

I wish the best of luck to you and hopefully you can have more self control... you and me both. You'll get back up on it soon... just never forget the past.

Best of times to you,
Moe. :cool:

Chessplayer

Chessplayer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 weeks ago I had unprotected sex with a prostitute, went to the clinic and had been diagnosed with herpes, so now I'm gonna go out and get drunk and have unprotected sex with another prostitute and if I catch another STD, I won't stop, because I like risking it all, I'm a trooper.

um how does this have anything to do with bankroll?....

Anyone Like investing you don't want to put 100% of your bankroll into a stock. "you dont want to leave it up to luck" you want to put at most 5%. Anyway you should have probably only played micro limits until you could bring up your bank roll

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Roll-sitting is definitely not a recommended practice.

Everyone has their own style I guess.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 weeks ago I had unprotected sex with a prostitute, went to the clinic and had been diagnosed with herpes, so now I'm gonna go out and get drunk and have unprotected sex with another prostitute and if I catch another STD, I won't stop, because I like risking it all, I'm a trooper.

um how does this have anything to do with bankroll?....

:eek: The point shinedown is making is that OP has done this stuff repeatedly (blown his bankroll from stupidity) whined about it, been given good advice and ignored it. Kind of like what he is describing in his post. Now do you get it? As a chessplayer myself I'm embarrassed that someone with your username missed the point so badly.

Attachments

• double-facepalm.jpg
    double-facepalm.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 49
Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:rofl: that about sums it up there, alaska'... I nurse my newfound bankroll like a nestegg... cause it is. People that have no respect for their BRs knowing what they know from past errors then, THEY DON'T DESERVE ONE... jus' that simple...

Demonomania

Demonomania

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^No, I myself have busted more than one bankroll. It has nothing to do with deserving one or not, but it does have everything to do with seeking out help (afterwards) and applying the knowledge given ..to be successful.

OP has shown that he/she has no desire to do so. That said, screw 'em.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:rofl: that about sums it up there, alaska'... I nurse my newfound bankroll like a nestegg... cause it is. People that have no respect for their BRs knowing what they know from past errors then, THEY DON'T DESERVE ONE... jus' that simple...

Preach it brother! :) :congrats:

Demonomania

Demonomania

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you (as a player) deposit money into an online account, you deserve every single bit of your roll.

If you lose it and decide to disregard the advice given to by +experienced players, then it's your own fault.

This kid ^^^ has been given such advice & decided to disregard every bit. He's admitted to lying about previous posts he's made, and therefore shows that he doesn't care whether or not his overall game improves.

**** 'em. It's not rocket science. He's a troll. & this is a level.

Kind of sad to be apart of it to tell you the truth.

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^No, I myself have busted more than one bankroll. It has nothing to do with deserving one or not, but it does have everything to do with seeking out help (afterwards) and applying the knowledge given ..to be successful.

Noone ever stated the above scenario. Maybe I need to reiterate what I originally stated 'mania... Please read accurately before you misconstrue what I said... I blew my first bankroll but I learned a lot from that mistake... may blow more down tha line, but not by repeatedly doing tha' same stupid sh*t over and over again... and therefore once again...

...People that have no respect for their BRs knowing what they know from past errors then, THEY DON'T DESERVE ONE... jus' that simple...

...and it really is... that simple...

Aside from that, I agree w/ ya last post 'mania...:D

Last edited:
L

LaserCats

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Theres no way in hell anyones folding AK with AK on flop - Idon't care what ring game, ur read, ur position etc... But you have to have enough BR to lose and to lose often. You may have to get through 5 bad beats to get to your run of 10 80% hands that hold up... One other thing about time/money limits... Thats Bull shet. You play at a table for $/per hour. IF you are at a table that got tilty fish you stay as long as your eyes ar eopen and the moenys rolling in. Most cases are the table has somewhat equal poker players at it and its mostly luck who gets the pocket aces that hold up. But dear god man if you find a table of noob fish stay til their BR is yours.

Demonomania

Demonomania

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Noone ever stated the above scenario. Maybe I need to reiterate what I originally stated 'mania... Please read accurately before you misconstrue what I said... I blew my first bankroll but I learned a lot from that mistake... may blow more down tha line, but not by repeatedly doing tha' same stupid sh*t over and over again... and therefore once again...

...and it really is... that simple...

Aside from that, I agree w/ ya last post 'mania...:D

:eek: oops, I certainly did misread your post. I'm sorry for attempting to correct you, when you had already made the same point. LOL

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management