this is beyond weird now

D

donkey2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok as alot of players know im a donk as when it comes to online poker
but when the flop is 8c 8s 9h rainbow and you bet all in for over 3k on it and someone has a 45 and raises youd atleast expect them to have a 8 a 9 or pocket pair or other premium hands then and if not then fold
the turn and river comes and the player with 45 hits a flush and kills off 3 of us and then next hand goes all in k7o vs ak 66 and q10 only to hit a 7 on the river and win isa beyond me am starting to seriously consider playing online poker entirely now

whats your thoughts?

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You never said what the turn and the river card are ? What were they?

ashtonhilton

ashtonhilton

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ok as alot of players know im a donk as when it comes to online poker
but when the flop is 8c 8s 9h rainbow and you bet all in for over 3k on it and someone has a 45 and raises youd atleast expect them to have a 8 a 9 or pocket pair or other premium hands then and if not then fold
the turn and river comes and the player with 45 hits a flush and kills off 3 of us and then next hand goes all in k7o vs ak 66 and q10 only to hit a 7 on the river and win isa beyond me am starting to seriously consider playing online poker entirely now

whats your thoughts?

Alot of fishes nowadays. "the turn and river comes and the player with 45 hits a flush and kills off 3 of us" /It was just a maniac-playstyle,but sometimes even a maniac or fish wins,it's a poker,try to overcome this stage of game - when the tons of fishes go all in with anyhand,just try to survive:) Good luck

also what type of game it was? Freeroll? $?MTT? SNG? ?limits?

K

Kaski54

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a poker.
You cant prove such things would never happen in a real live.
I have just lost KK to guy having 54.
It was allin on preflop and he hit streight…
Another K on the river did not help.

VisionNutz

VisionNutz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The stakes you play at are obviously a joke to your opponent if he shoves with a colt flush draw and subsequently with K7 off.

factors include

Tilt
Psycho
Got bored
most likely your buy ins and your overall game in that specific tourney was not respected

TIP

set up a good image and watch the players.

Good image is not just playing TAG or LAG

theres a social aspect. you have a mouth and a keyboard. Start using it. Stop complaining.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's only 2 ways I could see someone playing that way. #1 they just got sick of playing. At our local card room there was a running lore that if you truly were sick of being there and started going all in to leave you'd auto-win. It'd happen a lot except when people tried faking it. I know, absurd. Anyway, the other situation would be if this guy had a huge chip lead and was just trying to take people out.

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To properly analyze the hand we need to see the pre flop play, you can usually fold out trash hands and control action by isolating in position. Its all situational though, if players at your stake are getting it in this bad then your gonna profit in the long run. Proper bankroll management should cushion the swings.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is gambling

I'd have to say that is the reason it is called gambling. And luck can happen in gambling at anytime. Getting beat by a lucky player just makes me want to throw the computer out the window. Haha. Ok, not really, but it sure sucks to get beat like that. It happens everyday though!

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me it shows that poker is still good and there are a lot of bad players playing.