betting weird amounts?

peacebrother

peacebrother

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it has no effect and is pointless. If you think it works go for it, like a rabbits foot I guess.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
where do I type it in

When it's your turn to act the betting options will pop up. On the lower right hand side there is a betting field. Highlight that with your mouse like in picture one.

Then just type in what ever amount you want. (If you are playing on a cash table make sure you hit the "." or you will be betting dollars and not cents.) Then hit enter or hit the raise to button. In the second picture I typed in ".36" and then hit enter.

Hope this is what you were looking for, if you still need help, let me know.

Attachments

• betting.JPG
    betting.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 88
  • betting2.JPG
    betting2.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 87
jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I don't treat weird bets any different from regular ones. I just assume that person has an interesting quirk, better not to overthink such things : ]

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really don't see how it makes it harder to calculate odds and the like, I mean if they are already calculating odds then its still simple.

S

santa fe slim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think people do it just to try to throw off other players or to irritate them. Silly strategy in my mind, but who cares?

Pbland

Pbland

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have only done this a few times. It takes me too long to think of a weird number to type, but when I see people betting weird amounts, it does make me pause before calling. I think anything that gets your opponent to think and possibly fold a better hand is good. It's one of those things I don't really do, but I don't thinks it's bad.

FatBasset

FatBasset

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am at a table and someone bets a weird amount, it makes think what a Jack-off.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There a visual illusion to seeing bigger stack of chips. I pay the "weird amount" bet no never mind besides the ratio of the bet to the pot.

B

bammi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its funny only one person read the ? and answered it and nobody reads the replies because in the middle the would have noticed that he said how and not why.. I noticed they showed how it was done on fulltilt on some oother sites it is wierd becausethey just click a button like 1/3 or 1/2 the pot .

J

jamessol

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess that is OK, as long as they bet heheh...

sometimes I also found myself betting these weird amount.

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never noticed that a bigger stack is put forward when they bet weird... i just end up rounding up if they're betting 199... its 200, doesnt mean anything lol, I'm still going to measure it against my own stack to see if I wanna call.

Z

ZCorky

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My usual time of play is late at night, on a laptop with the lights off. Without a numpad I usually find it quite difficult to find the '0' key so repetitive numbers make my life a little easier and the game a little faster.

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At low stakes I think people do this when they feel like it, i.e. playing with joy, and bidding even amounts when they are more bored, playing more automatic.
It can be a tell, but most of the time its not much of a tell.

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My usual time of play is late at night, on a laptop with the lights off. Without a numpad I usually find it quite difficult to find the '0' key so repetitive numbers make my life a little easier and the game a little faster.

Hahaha yeah its impossible to play night tournaments and trying to make specific bets without going really slow... i mostly just go to the slider on FT

mersocal

mersocal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am at a table and someone bets a weird amount, it makes think what a Jack-off.
Thats usually what i think too, mostly cos the ppl i play with on a regular basis are idiots that make those bets lol

Weregoat

Weregoat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Or they prefer using the slider. I personally am a M-wheel guy. Which is why my bets are ussually in increments of BBs.

Sometimes I'll move to the numpad though.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I have a big stack and I am betting to put a smaller stack all-in I like to bet 1 chip more than what he has (eg his stack is 6570, I will bet 6571). I think if I was on the other end of a bet like this it would make me feel like the person betting it is just being a dick and would be more likely to call it to try and prove him wrong...

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I have a big stack and I am betting to put a smaller stack all-in I like to bet 1 chip more than what he has (eg his stack is 6570, I will bet 6571). I think if I was on the other end of a bet like this it would make me feel like the person betting it is just being a dick and would be more likely to call it to try and prove him wrong...

Yep.

In my experience, people do this to make a weird bet so that people will be curious/suspicious and look them up.

JMTalbert

JMTalbert

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really don't understand how anyone feels it impacts someones ability to calculate pot odds or make correct bet size decisions. There is this thing I learned called rounding that works really well. All you need is a close approximation anyways. If 2000 or 2044 is in the pot, 1/2 the pot is still 1000 not 1022 and 1/4 is still 500 not 511. Doesn't really matter so much that the odd amount should be a big deal. I just find it an annoying ploy to either bluff or intemidate. Maybe the goal is simply to irritate. If that is the goal, according to may here, it is successful!

Last edited:
Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars