Betting pre-flop

W

WWB67

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I know you should raise if your the first to enter a pot rather than limping in. But, what should you do if two or more players before you limp in. Should you also limp in or raise?

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on ur hand n how agressive the other players have been playin, when im at an agre:jd4:ssive table alot of times i wont bet on anything i wouldnt go all in on

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
according to the TAG strategy, always raise or fold, limp an exception to the rule in some situations and then with strong hands, against certain opponents

K

KristianMedK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise

If i have a hand worth raising i'll still raise, maybe a bit more than usual, assuming that limpers have weak-medium hand, and are likely to fold.

My rule of thumb in this case is raising an extra blind per limper

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Betting Preflop

For me the pre flop initial bet is the more important it defines what you want to do and what your or your opponents are willing to do it is the draft of a board that still have 3 more streets where anything can happen but the fact that the bet pre flop in adapted to our opponents will help us extract chips or lose chips

In post flop the trend is that the most skilled player or even what are the nuts can be more efficient

:jd4:mateuspoker

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars