Betting on Pairs????

G

Ghost39103

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey!!!!

I would like to know how much to bet on a pair n the pre-flop???? Raise or All-in?

Thxs:confused::confused::confused::confused:

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
It depends, If you got 2 2 3 3 up to 7 7 better just pay or cheq and hope for the Trips; If on the other hand, you got AA, KK, QQ you may Goo All in, depending on position. with 88, 99, 10 10 you may rise but pray at the same time. :3d4::3c4:

E

elpolloloco95

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to consider many varaibles: Cash Game or Tournament poker ? In a Tournament which Stage ( Early Middle close to the Bubble ) ? And with some hands you want to have Value ( Premiums for example ) then jamming in early Position doesnt make Sense (except ur short) cuz maybe too many ppl behind you will fold ...

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take into account:
- your position (in late - play more agressive)
- how many players are at the table (less players - play more agr..)
- size of your stack (biger - play more agressive)
- opponent type at the table sitting after you (tight opponents - play more agressive)
- expected preflop range of opponents sitting before you (wide range - play more agressive)
- raise if you are first in on preflop (in late position - play more agressive)
- learn expected probability of set vs opponent higher cards (understanding - play more agressive)
- questionable situations (less doubt - more agressive)

Hope some of above will help

Good luck.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi friend.

It depends on the partner and the position.

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play cash games, so I rarely go all in with anything preflop, but I 3bet with 99-AA depending on position.

E

easy play

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on stack size.
When deepstack 100 - 150 BB, set mining with lower pairs multiway makes more sense. Play more aggressively and try to get heads up with higher pairs as they lose equity multi-way.

With shortstack, set mining gets less attractive. Play aggressively if you can get opponents to fold over cards, or else try to play a small pot.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really depends on which pair your holding, position and and previous raises or action. If their are other players are in the hand raising I'll typically call and see a cheap flop unless I've got kings or aces. I've I'm the first player to make a move preflop I would 3bb raise, if I'm in an early position I would 4bb raise

M

mouTAT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I barely go preflop all in in cash game but I can 3bet with 99 and easy all in with TT in late position with short stack

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
22 - 99, I play passively preflop. 3 bet TT + against a late/middle position open. 3 bet QQ+ against EP open.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the type of tournament, the position you are in, the number of your chips and the players at the table. If the tournament is hyper turbo, you can put all-in there from a pair of jacks and higher, if the speed of the tournament is normal, it is better to put 4-5 big blinds. This is a short answer to such a big topic, there are many factors that influence this.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Set mining with lower pairs (22-88). so its about post-flop play. 99-JJ raise against late position pre-flop. QQ+ is mostly 3 bet and try to build the pot preflop.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars