betting more than pot value

I

I4got2fold

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
from a newby, i get in trouble sometimes by assuming someone is bluffing when they post more than they can win, any tips?

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wash your feet and go to bed

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is not, basically so do the players of two types, the first, who have a combination on the flop, but the further draw can significantly reduce the strength of their hands and the second,which is to take away the Bank immediately(basically they also have something on their hands) and force You,if you decide to call,play no chance!

W

wujaszekk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
from a newby, i get in trouble sometimes by assuming someone is bluffing when they post more than they can win, any tips?

On small stakes it usually is a value bet, so be curious when You see one.

Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, a move without any sense if you do not have AA in your hands

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Pay more attention to how these players are playing. It's a well known move to induce a call through a polarizing bet. Yes.. sometimes they will be bluffing. But ultimately you have to consider what hands would have made it in on the flop and what hands are sticking around (and why). Small stakes are notorious for players going with any two for pocket change. You absolutely need to know your opponents to have a better chance of making the right decisions.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

In general, more then pot sized bet signifies very strong hand or a bluff. Literally no middle ground! My advice would be to call with very very strong holdings. If you really sometimes feel like villain is bluffing, then call with hands that don't have blockers for their draws that would have missed.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars