Better position

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
According to the classics, the strongest positions in poker are late, because the player has a lot of information about the hand.
But there is an opinion that let's assume that an AA player in early positions may not show his strong pair. He will do call.
In later positions, players will raise. And then the tactics become clear ...
Therefore, I believe that much also depends on the situation, and not even on the position.:confused::confused::D:D:D

Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having AA in a bad position is very good.
I like to increase 4BB, I know they will pay raise ...
I dol all inn because I have plenty of pre-flop chance of winning.

Am I right?

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Position is important in poker. Of course, there are other important factors, but it's always good to have a position.

R

ricardibreezer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm very loose on the cut-off & button because i believe i can outplay & bluff my opponents post-flop. Sometimes I'll 3 bet on the button with trash if i know the initial raiser reacts poorly to pressure. As a result i quite often go to showdown if my raggy cards from late position make a hand.

As a result, i much prefer to get a premium hand like AA from late - it's much more disguised - hopefully my rivals will remember i raised with 64s last time i had btn :)

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything in life is much more difficult than it seems at first glance! In poker as in life. To win a player must match a variety of different factors! So how do you say what is more important in each particular situation? Only the combination of many factors makes it possible to gain an advantage over your opponent!

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it is much more complex than just saying BTN is best position, but in most cases it does come down to that. You are last to act, which has a distinct advantage as pointed out above.