S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Visionary,
I dont know if you remember but I posted about Alfie initially and these guys are no joke. Im glad that you benefiting from the experience. I know it helped me.As you know by now there very few limpers and when they have a hand they are quite aggressive, you could easily lose your stack pretty quickly.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Visionary,
I dont know if you remember but I posted about Alfie initially and these guys are no joke. Im glad that you benefiting from the experience. I know it helped me.As you know by now there very few limpers and when they have a hand they are quite aggressive, you could easily lose your stack pretty quickly.
Yup i member :). Im working through playing 10k hands now and starting to test playspeed 1. The developer said that opponent strength loss is very minimal between playspeed 5 and 1 so either I was in the good side of variance or Alfie isn't quite at pokersnow level. Either way it's an excellent practice tool, I think it should be stickied in the learning poker forum

Regarding the limps, it's cool how it limp 3bets sometimes, makes me think twice about steals

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yup i member :). Im working through playing 10k hands now and starting to test playspeed 1. The developer said that opponent strength loss is very minimal between playspeed 5 and 1 so either I was in the good side of variance or Alfie isn't quite at pokersnow level. Either way it's an excellent practice tool, I think it should be stickied in the learning poker forum

Regarding the limps, it's cool how it limp 3bets sometimes, makes me think twice about steals

I definitely agree that sometimes Alfie really makes you have to stop and think about your next move should. which is excellent!
I also agree about Poker Snowie. I just finished a trial offer there. I love the fact that Snowie tells you what your errors were. Snowie ia a good learning tool.
Do you have a subscription there?

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Downloaded and have played a bit with Poker Alfie. Its play is much better than most micros. I had to tighten up a bit because the players actually fight back on the flop way more than the people on the micros. And, they bluff more rivers. I think I might have caught one of them in a flop donk/3bet bluff, or maybe they really did have a hand but my 4bet shove range was obviously ahead of their holding.

There have been a few times when I made a bad call/raise and got lucky.

I really wish there was a way to get the hand histories out, or at least more stats than just winrate.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tools

Thanks for sharing these tools. I will for sure look these up and give them a try.

Again Thanks for the information!

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely agree that sometimes Alfie really makes you have to stop and think about your next move should. which is excellent!
I also agree about Poker Snowie. I just finished a trial offer there. I love the fact that Snowie tells you what your errors were. Snowie ia a good learning tool.
Do you have a subscription there?
I tried snowie a few times but came away with the sensation that it's teaching me bad habits as far as micros go. It's an excellent tool though, made me really question my own lines when I compared them to Snowie logic. Interesting to pick apart its strategy.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Downloaded and have played a bit with Poker Alfie. Its play is much better than most micros. I had to tighten up a bit because the players actually fight back on the flop way more than the people on the micros. And, they bluff more rivers. I think I might have caught one of them in a flop donk/3bet bluff, or maybe they really did have a hand but my 4bet shove range was obviously ahead of their holding.

There have been a few times when I made a bad call/raise and got lucky.

I really wish there was a way to get the hand histories out, or at least more stats than just winrate.

Soon enough you'll learn what kinds of flops it rereaises with air :). I like 3betting it on the flop on low paired boards because i know it has a lot of bluffs on those. Overall I think its pretty balanced save for some small leaks that let me stack it in certain spots.

Agree with hand histories. I once asked the developer for this. Maybe if we all email him he will get inspired to update it.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried snowie a few times but came away with the sensation that it's teaching me bad habits as far as micros go. It's an excellent tool though, made me really question my own lines when I compared them to Snowie logic. Interesting to pick apart its strategy.

Snowie really taught me alot about EV.

A

alex_pa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
There is a new version of PokerAlfie with better play and “ASK AI”-feature