bet slider options.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at what percentages do you have your customised bet slider options and why?
and in what situations do you use each?

example: draws i use 33%, if i want calls i use..... and so fourth.

i have mine at 33% , 60% and 100%, but in all honesty, i couldnt answer why i have customised them that way so i would like some help from anyone who actually has a reason for having customised those numbers. and how they help you in your game?

curly

curly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in Carbon Poker do they even have bet slider options?

I cant seem to find them if they do, it's just convenient to have those options available, I don't think it helps my game one way or the other, it's just quicker for me to place the size of the bet I want rather then trying to type a value in the box.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
35, 55 & 70. No particular reason.

Vinyl, don't be consistent with your betting patterns, opponents will pick up on that.

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Vinyl, don't be consistent with your betting patterns, opponents will pick up on that.

^This. Mine are at 50% 66% and 75%. I use the mouse wheel to make smaller bets by # of small blinds.

Jd0ubl3M

Jd0ubl3M

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I really dont care much about the slider i usually type in my bets most of the time.

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in Carbon Poker do they even have bet slider options?

Not that I've seen :( Guess this is a Stars feature? I don't remember that. Prolly because I never looked? lol And yeah im with Jdouble I type in my bets so I can vary it more.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

i hear you kcanuck. loud and clear. but doesnt it confuse them as well? i mean if i play aces the same way i play 9-10 suited in terms of preflop raise and cbet on flop? how can they pick up on something?

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not that I've seen :( Guess this is a Stars feature? I don't remember that. Prolly because I never looked? lol And yeah im with Jdouble I type in my bets so I can vary it more.
yea blob its on stars man. when your playing cash its not easy to type them in esp if your multitabling or zooming. i am trying to get a better feel of the custom bets cause i dont wanna be overbetting and bleeding chips if i could get the same result for less.( bluffing for example or pot controlling when drawing)

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hear you kcanuck. loud and clear. but doesnt it confuse them as well? i mean if i play aces the same way i play 9-10 suited in terms of preflop raise and cbet on flop? how can they pick up on something?

Preflop I make standard bets of 3x+1 for every limper. Post flop im betting an amount I feel will get called for value, which varies greatly depending on the range I put my opponent on, draws on the board, how many are in the hand, effective stack sizes, and so on.

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea blob its on stars man. when your playing cash its not easy to type them in esp if your multitabling or zooming. i am trying to get a better feel of the custom bets cause i dont wanna be overbetting and bleeding chips if i could get the same result for less.( bluffing for example or pot controlling when drawing)

Well I play 8 tables and I type em in. Plenty of time usually seeing as you're folding 80% of your hands and 6 out of 8 tables are dead waiting for the next hand. And yeah if im drawing, i wanna do it for as little as possible unless I have tons of outs and wanna build a pot. For instance, I have 4 to a flush with an OESD then I wanna build the pot, draw or not. And as for bluffing, I don't do it ever. But im at the micros. Depending what level you play on, that changes. But I would still rather only put in enough that I can still get away from it if I need to, while still getting the same effect.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I play 8 tables and I type em in. Plenty of time usually seeing as you're folding 80% of your hands and 6 out of 8 tables are dead waiting for the next hand. And yeah if im drawing, i wanna do it for as little as possible unless I have tons of outs and wanna build a pot. For instance, I have 4 to a flush with an OESD then I wanna build the pot, draw or not. And as for bluffing, I don't do it ever. But im at the micros. Depending what level you play on, that changes. But I would still rather only put in enough that I can still get away from it if I need to, while still getting the same effect.
solid post man. its good that u dont bluff in the super micros cause alot of those guys playing there are total retards. ive lost ALOT of money before i learnt that valuable lesson.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't really know what I've got mine set to - I do all my betting with the number pad, only use the mouse for call/fold/all in.

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
solid post man. its good that u dont bluff in the super micros cause alot of those guys playing there are total retards. ive lost ALOT of money before i learnt that valuable lesson.

There's no point. If the guys got a pair of 4's on an AK3 board he'll snap call because he has a back door straight draw lol. If I don't have it, no need to be there. I wanna be in the hands that I can play for value and with a grin on my face. Not the ones where I am shaking from fear haha.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
funny thing is, i was thinking about that today, need to change mines up on stars.....ive got mines at 50,75 and 100 post and 2,3,4 pre.....deffo need to change the pre ones to maybe something like 2.5 < esp for tourneys and 3 and 3.5....although i'll prob just use 3 in all positions for cash and 2.5 for tournement...as for the post ones hmmmmm dunno, maybe 50,65 and 75

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
funny thing is, i was thinking about that today, need to change mines up on stars.....ive got mines at 50,75 and 100 post and 2,3,4 pre.....deffo need to change the pre ones to maybe something like 2.5 < esp for tourneys and 3 and 3.5....although i'll prob just use 3 in all positions for cash and 2.5 for tournement...as for the post ones hmmmmm dunno, maybe 50,65 and 75
The standard raise for tourneys when the blinds get realtively large is 2.1 - 2.5 times the BB. Just go for 2.15. i think thats the best raise pre for tourneys.

marqha

marqha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This has to be the best update ever for someone that doesnt use tn. charder how did you get 2.55/2.75? I can only get 2.2/2.5, get a beep when i try to place a 3rd number in.

Also I dont see how to get "max" pre? Tried typing it in and nothing.

2.2/2.5/3
45/55/70

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre I've got 2.5 / 3 / 3.5
Post I've got 50 / 70 / 85

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

yea you can scrap the 2 on the default for sure, since it defaults to a minraise with no clicking anyway.

rodrigoudf

rodrigoudf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre flop: 2 / 2,5 / 3
Pos flop: 50 / 65 / 75

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mine is 51/77/101. don't see why we should ever be betting less than 50%. I preffer to check if i don't feel like im betting for value.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mine is 51/77/101. don't see why we should ever be betting less than 50%. I preffer to check if i don't feel like im betting for value.

thin value/induce/we have no bluffs in our range/we have a tiny spr already/leverage.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mine are 2 2.5 and 3.5 preflop
And 36 52 78 postflop.....however since I'm typing random numbers most times I don't use them too often....it's definitely a great feature if you multi-tabling