Best way to play QQ

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on your position at the table, but with such a pair I prefer an aggressive game.

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise to 3BB good decisions. but if someone went to shove preflop? will there be enough strength to lose?

A

axel142

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depend the specific situation, sometimes are better think in that hand like a medium-high pocket and play aggressive, but controlled, sometimes are premiums and you want to put al your chips on the table, depends to your stack, position, tourney moment, feel about the table, and stacks of the rest of players to talk.

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not throwing away QQ unless I see the flop and there is an A and K on there, if it is one or the other I am still playing. Because like the player before me said, and I say, peole like to represent a hand that they really don't have "bluff!"

It's starting hand with which many people think that their session but in practice it is not. Beth recommend 3 to see who will be called. If you call someone will solve the situation on the flop. If there raising pay and decide again on the flop. If there is then all in all depends on what type of player you are and whether you are able to throw:D:D

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQ is the 3rd best starting hand in poker. :) Play it strong,,,,

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
lots of good points, but also depends on stage of the tournament. I generally get more aggressive with QQ later in the tourney.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is no better way, there are several ways, and each depends on your opponent, the stacks involved, among other variables. I think even a pre-flop fold can be considered, depending on the stage of the tournament you are in, etc.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You can take risks and place bets. Good chance of success.

R

rogerlima

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
man, I see I have a lot to learn in poker.:eek:

D

Dionys

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the stage of the tournament. You can also lose with AA. See which cards are known and the players' actions, if strong aggression from the players, you may be weaker.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all in !!!! hahhahaha
depends on their position and size of your stack ....

:D

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it really depends on the situation...qq notoriously doesn't hold against Ax or better

C

crisgoy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aumento y veo que cartas salen

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There really is no best way to play the hand, because there are so many different things that can happen. So just go all in and hope for luck! hahahaha

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is necessary to look at the opponents at the card table. Do not think that these cards can give you a head start.

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play ladies like i play any other high pair.. weed out the weak and read the cards on the table. know its value and if its worth taking all the way.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on:

1. Your stack size
2. Your position on the table
3. The action prior to your turn
4. The opponents who acted before you
5. Stacks behind you

You can never say play this hand this way because so many factors go into your decision making at the poker table.

Great answer!

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Be prepared to fold and never be afraid to fold them (first make sure they aren't suited).
Added to a prior to post it also depends upon the game, Stud, Omaha, some Limit game....
Use your body language to suggest you have a weak hand (if live) but online bet what it's worth relative to what kind of a table you're at and how many are in the pot. If 4 or more people are in the pot after the river card (assuming NLH) the value of your hand has dramatically decreased unless you have picked up the nuts.
This is my fallible opinion.:rolleyes:

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against a JJ,joking... depends on the context, most of the time I make a preflop bet and depending on the response of others/flop I decide the next step (make some notes of the game style of the players on the table, can help in postflop decision depending on the board)

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too many variables. It depends on your stake, your opponent's, the moment of the tournament ...

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on:

1. Your stack size
2. Your position on the table
3. The action prior to your turn
4. The opponents who acted before you
5. Stacks behind you

You can never say play this hand this way because so many factors go into your decision making at the poker table.

this is my response too. If we can answer the poster's question, we need more info. I've seen pro players fold QQ because of bad table position. Other times it's great to play QQ. Still need more info to give a proper response.

Last edited:
vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Like a standard Raise 3bb but it depends on your stack, position, the game of other players and your future flop.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Playing with QQ.

Good morning everyone.
I started playing poker in early 2018, and there is a big difference between the way I played and how I'm playing, I learned not to over value QQ.
The way you play with this hand will depend on what stage the tournament is in, the type of regular mtt, turbo or hyper turbo, size of my stack.
On a regular mtt, over 30bb, I play cautiously and try to play a small pot with this hand.
In a regular mtt, under 30bb, I do not disagree with reaching All in, paying attention to the size of my opponents stacks, if an opener opens from UTG and UGT +1, applies a 3bet, I am very inclined to fold this QQ
In an Mtt, depp stack, you often have to fold a top pair, the chips you get at the beginning of an Mtt, not as much as in the middle or final phase.
Important information in poker is knowing the group of hands played by position:

UGT
UTG + 1
MP1
MP2
MP3
CO
BTN
SB
BB

In an Mtt turbo or hyper turbo, I will rarely fold QQ, always paying attention to my opponents and stack sizes.
Poker there is no magic formula, poker is a game of people, you have to understand how your opponents play.