• Thread starter Drinky_McGambles
  • Start date
Drinky_McGambles

Drinky_McGambles

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm wondering if anyone has good recommendations on the best way to learn how to be a consistently good poker player?

Maybe some good books to read or some good online courses? Even just general strategies of how to teach yourself to be better at poker.

I'm pretty bad! I would like to not be!

:confused::confused::confused:

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I have found reading lots and studying video tsrategies works for me.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the "best" way to learn will vary from person to person, but I found that training videos, reviewing my hands with an ICM tool like sngwiz or icmizer, and asking good players their opinions- helped me out a great deal.

Scart92

Scart92

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch Reports from EPT Tournaments. Now there is a problem with this known to the virus, but it's worth watching the better players.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm wondering if anyone has good recommendations on the best way to learn how to be a consistently good poker player?

Maybe some good books to read or some good online courses? Even just general strategies of how to teach yourself to be better at poker.

I'm pretty bad! I would like to not be!

:confused::confused::confused:
What makes you think you are bad? Start there!

I use a variety of tools including books, the CardsChat forum (seriously, try posting some hands for review you will get a lot of help), training websites, watching videos, watching streamers, actually PLAYING! :D

If you can identify what you think are your weaknesses you can target the weakness one at a time to become stronger.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recommend the free 30 Day Course by CardsChat :)

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/cardschat-a-new-ebook-training-course-455641/

As far as improving outside of this course, I say "why limit yourself?" I'd experiment with a little of everything. Reading poker books, watching poker videos on YouTube, playing lots of freerolls on CardsChat and so on. Trying a bit of everything will also reveal which methods of learning work best for you. Different people learn best with different things. Some people learn a ton from books and other people learn best from hands-on practice; there is no right or wrong answer, you simply must find what works well for yourself :)

In the case of learning poker, I'd recommend this great forum community called cardschat.com :D but I'm pretty sure you know of this place already ;)

WeAreHot777

WeAreHot777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can improve your skills here with us, but you should raise your posts, and to join in our club that is what I am doing now, and when you will be on our club. I hope for sure you will improve you game, and your skills so stay here with us, and I hope in one day you will win a huge prize.