Best way to build bankroll

V

Voltz48

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

Should I start with sit n go' or cash games?

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well.. what is your bankroll? What limits you are going to play? How good are You?!
For me cash games are easier and i can stop playing anytime i want or take a break. In sng If you get a bad beat you must continue playing.
Cash games You can always start the hand with ar least 100bb so you don't need to improve your small stack play.
If you can play 10cash tables at the same time or 10sng i think they are pretty much the same for building your bankroll.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Captain obvious:
- You have to play, that you can play best.

If you are not sure what exactly you are playing the hardest - gather and examine the statistics of your game and the movement of funds in the bankroll. There are no universal recipes for what exactly to play. You just have to choose for yourself a more successful direction.

BlackMamba

BlackMamba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Select the path: cash games, MTT or SNG. Don't play all at once. If you're good in the SNG then do not linger in these games and go in game MTT.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash games vs. Sit-n-Gos for a new player

If you are looking to start down one of the two paths between Cash games and Sit-n-Gos and are starting from scratch there are pros and cons of each.

The pro to cash games is that you can drastically increase your stack in a shorter amount of time. A single hand can easily take you from $1.00 to $3.00 if there are two others in the hand. In live games I've gone from $50 to $700 in a matter of an hour or two. The downside is you can lose that money just as easily. I once went from $800 down to $200 on two bad beats within 15 minutes of each other. Granted those are extremes, but things like that are possible in cash games.
As stated above, another pro is that you can get up anytime you like. Win that $3.00 and you can leave the table and join another to ensure you don't lose it.
The con to cash games is that you can re-buy-in consistently so it is very easy to fall into the trap of having a bad day and chasing your losses. As stated above, you can lose your $1.00 in one hand, then you're allowed to re-buy-in for another $1.00 and can lose that, etc. You can really chew through a bankroll in a short time in cash games.
Similarly, even if you walk away each time you lose your money, there's still the chance you will lose it again the next time you play, making the cycle just a little bit slower.
Another con is that cash game skills aren't the same as MTT skills. If you decide to get into MTTs, you won't be starting from scratch, but you'll have a harder time adjusting to the different style of play.

The main pro to Sit-n-Gos is that you get to play a lot longer on a single buy-in. With even a little skill, you can last an hour in a Sit-n-Go for just the single relatively low buy-in amount. This means even if you are only a little good you burn through your bankroll a lot slower.
Another big pro to Sit-n-Gos is that those skills translate to MTTs, Each table can be treated like a Sit-n-Go to make it a ways at first. Later on as you develop true MTT skills and start making final tables, the final table is essentially a Sit-n-Go where everyone starts with a different amount of chips.
The major con to Sit-n-Gos is how long it can take to build up your bankroll. You probably have to play 4 tournies to match the winning potential of an hour on the Cash game tables (assuming you are equally good at either).

ruswolfhound

ruswolfhound

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, zoom cash, cash and spinNgo are the fastest ways to build your bankroll. But also the fastest, how to lose it

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Play those games that you like more, where you show your best game. There is no universal answer. Each player must choose his own.

r_iiiichard

r_iiiichard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, I also think you should start where you feel that you develop your game better. But being a beginner and in relation to the bankroll I do not think the cash game is a viable option. Try to study a bit about bankroll management and see if it opens your mind on the subject.

M

mjarom21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No one can really answer that for you. Experience is key here. Don't expect your first bankroll to last you when starting out. If i was being straightforward... don't expect any of your bankrolls to last until you are really well into the game and taking it seriously, not as just a hobby.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First you need to try all the games. And then you will feel where you are comfortable playing! But build your bankroll start only if you already have a great quality game - otherwise you will make a lot of deposits and give their chips! Your opponents many already experienced players and with them you will have play! If you only play for six months, how do you beat them?

sergiohardt

sergiohardt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
taking advantage of this post, in my case, I consider myself a medium player, with much to learn about probability of earnings. Sometimes I go blind when I'm going to win but, forget a few details yet. However, if you consider my level, how much should I deposit into my account and what my spending limit?

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management