Best strategy with 9/10 suited

Y

YUNGMARU

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering what the best strategy is with 9 and 10 suited? Just Wait for the flop to come or bet etc?

G

Glebtyzhnyh90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not play, fold and wait for the hand to be normal.

Jankou36

Jankou36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have 25BB or even more, I think you should limp, especially from late position.
If flop is not very perspective you should fold. I don't like suited connectors too much. Chances are low to win vs. AX or KX.
20BB or less you should fold.

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These suited connectors are mostly useful in hyper turbo game when several player go all ins as these cards do crack big hands often by the river. The another play is if you are a big stack holder and you can limp to see the flop but this tactics need a experienced post flop play.

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are entering the pot from early position, or first into the pot, you are better off raising. This way you have a chance of representing an Ace or King if the flop doesn't connect with your hand. If the pot has already been raised, then I am inclined to fold this hand--all things being equal. I agree that speculative hands are better played when you have a healthy BB or M number.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are entering the pot from early position, or first into the pot, you are better off raising. This way you have a chance of representing an Ace or King if the flop doesn't connect with your hand. If the pot has already been raised, then I am inclined to fold this hand--all things being equal. I agree that speculative hands are better played when you have a healthy BB or M number.
Great advice dude,,,raise with nothing,then if u miss,raise again? did we get that right? :confused:

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If You play cautiously You should limp or if You want to play aggressive raise and represent strong(er) hand

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don`t listen to these guys,,,fold it,it`s a shitty hand that gets beat by too many other hands,FOLD:deal:

A

alextepi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering what the best strategy is with 9 and 10 suited? Just Wait for the flop to come or bet etc?

do not play this hand!
I've lost all my bankroll in one hand.
Two pairs on the flop; two raises before me, all in; one A shows up on the turn and then the one with AA took my money. 888 crap. this software are really ...

good luck at tables to those who are still playing!!!

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do not play this hand!

Two pairs on the flop; two raises before me, all in; one A shows up on the turn and then the one with AA took my money. 888 crap. this software are really ...

But why are you risking your entire bankroll at once? Late position I play 89s, and I 3B most of the time. So not going allin, and sometimes it hits and sometimes not.

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on position and your stack. If you have a big stack and late position you can call tight raiser who has a big stack too. If you have a small stack then you can easely go all in preflop if you're first in the pot. It's a good hand to steal blinds.

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips

First of all do NOT play these hands in early positions as the aggressor:(

When you are in late positions and you have multiple raises it's the PERFECT time to play these, the odds are THEN in your favor;)

GL at the tables:)

W

WisdomMan87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
best is when it goes multi way pot, limp behind. Another strat is include it in your raise range for it still has good equity if called behind if you are playing an agro style and are deep in bb

G

Glebtyzhnyh90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do not play this hand!

So you could get AA with two small pairs, there's nothing like that here. This is poker. A 9-10 is not a bad hand, if suited, a lot depends on the players sitting at the table, an aggressive player can be decently punished.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on position and your opponents,where you can call and raise .

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great advice dude,,,raise with nothing,then if u miss,raise again? did we get that right? :confused:
Limping in with sub par hands is definitely not a winning strategy. Better to adopt an aggressive posture if/when playing these hands. Now, did I say you must raise on the turn or river? No I did not. This depends on a lot of other factors. Fairly standard approach. Nothing terribly out of the ordinary, here. IMHO

F

feecg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suited connectors are nuts or nothing, i dont like to play them much, but if you want, know the position to play it, how to bluff your opponents (if they are bluffable, and if yes, which street they most likely to fold against a bet). The best position is always the latest possible, with a good stack, surely (25BB+), if the flop comes and you hit a medium pair, you can still make some bluff lines since the villain will probably not hold the top pair in most part of time (but again, be careful). So they can be profitable if you play right.

A

atila1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
o early position i would fold it, on late position i would limp if i have 25+BB or if pot ods are ok, basicly i would try to see cheap flop

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I normaly will fold or raise with most suited connectors,i think the only bad move is calling with them,

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Early position I will fold unless I have a large stack and know I can push my opponents off hands. I don't mind a limp in late position as you will get to see the flop cheap with position on the rest of the table.