=^..^=

vitorbonatto

vitorbonatto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like the sit and win from Roberto Riccio
and the green book of poker (i have both in portuguese, i dont known if they're available in other languages)

G

Gads

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was not aware that Harrington had come out with a few new ones. I will have to give those a read. Glad I checked out this thread. I also want to say I love Harrington on holdem volume 3. I often refer back to that to "play" through a few hands to get my mind back on track.

Yep, I will get the whole original Harrington series when they are at good prices on Amazon market place, I have book 1 already, just need 2 and 3!

I have ordered Harrington on Modern Tournament Poker: How to Play No-Limit Hold 'em Multi-Table Tournaments, and am looking forward to reading it!

G

Gads

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Beside Harrington's Books I also enjoyed
The Poker Tournament Formula
by Arnold Snyder
=^..^=

I have added this one to my to buy list, there was a new edition released in June, 2016 so it is one of the more recent ones!

G

Gads

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i like the sit and win from Roberto Riccio
and the green book of poker (i have both in portuguese, i dont known if they're available in other languages)

Sit and Win by Roberto Riccio seems to be only available in Portuguese.

When you say the green book of poker do you mean "Phil Gordon's Little Green Book"?

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
have you tried reading polished poker? that one is free

P

PezPlaysPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey.

Don't know if you're still looking for content. PartTimePoker on YouTube has content originally on GrinderSchool which was a good training site for micro-to-small stakes.

P

PezPlaysPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for books, there's Polished Poker as mentioned above, and Crushing the Microstakes by BlackRain79.

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no magical book to make you a winning on-line poker player

You need to put in the time and practice of playing poker, yes there are many good poker books out there but if you keep on believing that by just reading a book that you will become a winning player on-line, well this is a sure recipe for disaster IMHO.

Last edited:
ratmantoo

ratmantoo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was not aware that Harrington had come out with a few new ones. I will have to give those a read. Glad I checked out this thread. I also want to say I love Harrington on holdem volume 3. I often refer back to that to "play" through a few hands to get my mind back on track.

Me too......best I go buy it

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello ccres! Thank you for replying!

I just looked up The Grinders Manual by Peter Clarke on Amazon, £39.66 is a whole lot of cash for a digital book (I'm on a micro budget), but I am not going rule out buying it, it certainly has a lot of 5 star reviews!

Does anybody else have any suggestions?

Peter Clarke is carroters and was head six max coach for grinderschool.com. Grinderschool got bought out by Parttimepoker.com and they are releasing the back catalog of training videos onto their youtube channel so a lot of the strategy in the book can be picked up from watching his videos