the best poker technique

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you only need one poker technique, what will you choose? in my opinion and after playing several years I think that patience is the key you should never be bored of not having good cards and wait. unless you are at a table or your opponents are too cautious, in this case you have to take advantage of the bluffing and you what single technique will you choose if you have to choose one?

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my honest opinion you need many techniques to play poker properly. Even if you got all the techniques known well, you can't always win. Even the best poker players have a losing streak. If i only had to choose one technique, it would be knowing how to bluff properly. I have personally bluffed people holding ace cards but I know that i haven't mastered this technique yet.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
if you only need one poker technique, what will you choose? in my opinion and after playing several years I think that patience is the key you should never be bored of not having good cards and wait. unless you are at a table or your opponents are too cautious, in this case you have to take advantage of the bluffing and you what single technique will you choose if you have to choose one?

I agree I think patience is important in poker. I'm still working on this part of my game. This is a very important part of a poker players makeup.

Serbianbeauty

Serbianbeauty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a question I would like to hear answers on as well as I do not know. I think probably must know many techniques as mentioned even if you don't use them all. That way you have ideas what the other side might be thinking or doing in a given situation.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Waiting for a good card in poker is comparable to fishing with a bait. Sit and wait for your moment. Now the dive float and I'll catch a fish. Only in poker there will be more fish losses from the hook.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Idk the types of techniques but I'd definitely choose a good adjusting to other player's playstyle.

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
idk about online, but in live situations it's observing the players and how they play. i like to build the iage i'm only playing good cards so i can pick my opportunity to bluff. the key is to not try and bluff someone that's going to call with whatever bc he's chasing a draw

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is the most important quality in poker. I don't have enough of it. But I'm working on myself. So far unsuccessfully.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Ok, if I must choose only one technique, FOLDING, in my opinion, would be the first.

Last edited:
Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It would be hard to play with only one strategy in different game formats. But if I had to choose, I would choose the expectation of a better hand and aggressively play it

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confirm this is the best strategy that can be adopted in the long term. when you have the patience to wait for the right spot, you put all your chances on your side and you greatly reduce the effect of variance on our game. Adapting to the table is also a good way to win chips.

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker style

I prefer the tight style of the game. It is more cautious and steady. But it also requires tremendous patience and psychological endurance. Because you don’t play a lot of hands, you have to skip most hands. And even to see sometimes that with a weak hand you would collect full -House and won. That requires willpower and a strong character, not everyone is able to withstand long pauses in the game.

It even happens that, finally waiting for a strong hand, you go all-in preflop, or you play a strong hand very finely and mathematically. But your two aces are beaten 8-9. Or on the river an unnecessary, unlikely card drops and you lose again a huge bank. In general, this style is not suitable for everyone. It is better to choose a poker style to suit your temperament and character.:stupido3::stupido3::stupido3:

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's simple! Technique is the ability to play!

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably the one that served me best was to nit it up, assume that everyone has it, and in general play 2x tighter than I think I should

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all I would like to explain the reach of the hands to play, each phase of the tournaments the Range changes, if you have this in mind, you can not perish, and get into losing mode, have patience and play forward. Other factors, position, stack, everything will depend, and try to perceive weak players at your table to win your chips.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Patience is key. But there are many techniques needed to be successful. Bluffing is important. Hand reading, boy would I love to do this like Daniel Negreanu. And I think you also need to be able to know when to fold em.

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what format you are playing. In a tournament I like to be aggressive early to build a stack. In a cash game I play more reserved and wait for a good hand.

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best Poker Style

The Best Poker Style is the one that you can use to make you money. There are so may different poker styles and poker psychology that you cant rally get a handle on the good players.

A guy like me you will be able to read me well and get a handle on me. But I have seen some that do it all.

I just try to have fun and enjoy poker!

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, it's tough to pick just one. I think you need at least 2 key abilities:

1) Patience
2) Adaptability

You need both of these. If you don't have patience, you will eventually make a stupid move and donate all of your chips to another player. If you don't adapt to your table, you will either get blinded away (in tournaments) and/or you'll be leaving lots of money on the table (cash games).

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First you need to learn ABC poker, then think about other tricky tactics

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I only get to have one technique then I would choose cheating ;)

I think the key to being a good poker player is to develop a set of different skills.
And depending on the game you play and the opponents you face the importance of the different skills might even vary from table to table you play at.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Developing ranges.

Thank you for posting.

The single best technique is developing ranges.

Knowing your range vs villain's range. Knowing positional ranges. Knowing player type ranges. Knowing street by street ranges.

If you want to learn one thing learn that.

Hope this helps

:):)

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tight aggressive
it usually leads to winning poker

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
To play with different opponents you need different techniques.