Best hand

R

Royal9012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How you proced when you have the best hand of the table? Bet or check?

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Totally depends. Is it the current best hand? the nuts? the absolute nuts? Is it a wet board? What kind of opponents am I playing against? what is my position to each of them? What are the stacks? Tourney or Cash? If tourney, what stage?

Way too many variables to give an answer.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Totally depends. Is it the current best hand? the nuts? the absolute nuts? Is it a wet board? What kind of opponents am I playing against? what is my position to each of them? What are the stacks? Tourney or Cash? If tourney, what stage?

Way too many variables to give an answer.
Agree. More info needs to be available to make an honest decision. Although I will state that if you raise w/AA at an early position and you get multi callers and one aggressive all-in I'd shove my stack, as well, instead of call. That may be basic strategy but that's all I can see to be a relevant answer to your question. :top:

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How you proced when you have the best hand of the table? Bet or check?
First of all i preceed to not get excited about my best hand. The more attached you are to your hand the harder it would be to fold it.
Then, as said above, you just play the table dynamics. But certainly in most cases this should be 'Put as much chips into the pot as possible' strategy.
In rare cases you should be all checky-checky with the nuts. Like if you playing with aggro players, or instead some tight player who probably havent made any hand yet.

Don't slowplay. Like almost ever.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have the best hand and if you sure in that, for sure you need to make a bet, at least not big. In some situations with some hands without a position you can check, if you understand, that if you will make a bet opponent will fold it. So you can check in hopes, that your opponent will make a bet without a good hand, so you can call it or move all in and win some money.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Betting usually makes more money. If you have an aggressive player you can trap, check.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that you have to make some sort of bet to at least build up the pot. BUT .... my experience has been that more often than not, if I have a really good set of cards down then I get clobbered by somebody who sticks with the hand and hits a winner. Then when I fold so called poor cards, then they turn out to be the winners if I had stayed.

4e kogo1

4e kogo1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

I get to the maximum, mostly by raising, or is it all just pointless)

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to get to the best hand as cheap as possible. Once I get there I will try my hardest to act like I have nothing so they can try to bluff. Then I try to get as much from them as possible.

WeAreHot777

WeAreHot777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's depends of situations maybe sometimes you will check when you hit the monster on the flop to hide your hand.
But you can try the opponent with a little bet to see if his hand is good or no.
Its depends of situations as I told you before.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are just too many variables, to be able to answer that question.

Much of it depends on the type of players that are at the table, and where you are in the hand, plus many, many other factors.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of factors to think about here. Sometimes checking and trapping is more profitable in the right situation, but almost always, we want to be value betting when we think we are ahead.

Especially at the lower stakes/lower levels of play, it is often good to play fairly straight-forward and value bet our strong hands. At these levels, the opponents are less likely to adjust their strategy (usually too concerned with their own game than adjusting to yours) and also more likely to pay you off than a more experienced player. For these reasons, you generally want to be value betting your best hands and hope you get paid :)

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When I have the winning hand I bet, bet and check the river hoping for a bluff. Then all in.

Only works on bad players!

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, it all depends on the situation. If other players do not want to bet or do not want to call, I will place a small bet first. The main thing is that I need to pull at least something else. Another question is if someone is aggressive in the game, then I can go all-in.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I have the winning hand I bet, bet and check the river hoping for a bluff. Then all in.

Only works on bad players!
Gotcha. So where you usually play you say? How can i find you? :D

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As they said, it is possible to take several factors into account, if the flop is favorable, I don't increase it so much, otherwise, yes.

WeAreHot777

WeAreHot777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its depends of situation, but a lot of times I prefer to check to hide my strong hands.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends if i want to slowplay / trap or not

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands