Beginners luck or natural talent?

JLtrooper

JLtrooper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea,thats how it goes...i been playing 9months and turned 0(cashed in a ftp freeroll)into $1278 in like 4 days a week ago,but played thursday,then took a break and did well Saturday night again..
not sure what u can call it but it happens

This is insanely sick.

R

Roger Muller

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,
I think gambling depends on luck some way or the other.But if you play with full knowledge, strategies and pre planned way then you an easily win gambling poker . all you need is good practice and confidence.

brackdog

brackdog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its just how they get ya :p

They give you two bux and then you win alot and then suddenly you lose it all back and leave you wanting to try to see if it was all luck or skill and you end up depositing haha

well let me know if thats what happens to u im curious now

Yep. That's how it works.

I had a similar start to my poker "career". Finished second in a $300 live tourney. Two days later I chopped the $1000 tourney four ways. Chased that lightning for over a year until those winnings were burned up and I figured out that I was a fish and knew nothing about the game.

BD

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These runs do happen. My roommate did this with $45 he won from ofc freeroll and rolled it upto nearly 500 dollars. I was observing him while he was going full bankroll buy-in and rolled it upto 500 and gave me half for me to withdraw 200 and make up the money i previously lost in the site. When i got 6th place out of 15k people in FIVE promotion 5k guaranteed 5ftp tournament, I received 120 and rolled it to 250. But advice is, you gotta draw a line to some point where you're willing to at least have. Poker has lot of variance. You haven't faced the streak where you're on a bad run. Everytime I reach 150 or 250, I withdraw 100-200 into my bank account and start over from 50. My advice if you have 200 is withdraw between 100-150 and start with 50-100. You gotta draw a line to the point where you're willing to keep if worst comes to worst.

kadafi

kadafi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I first started playing poker online it wasnt uncommon for me to deposit 50 dollars and grow it to about 600-700 within 4-6 days. In fact it happened pretty much every time I ever deposited. But eventually I would always go bust. I didn't go bust because I wasn't good at playing poker, It was because I wasn't good at managing my Bankroll.

Bankroll management is key if you want to maintain a BR. Sure, you can easily grow your bankroll wildly by buying in to a ring game with 50 or even 100 percent of your BR and doubling up, but when your aces start loosing to j's and your j's start loosing to 56 suited, you'll soon realise that 1 or 2 buyins just doesn't cut it. Realisticly you need at least 10-15 - Personally I prefer 20-25.

I now practise strict br mangment and still enjoy the same wins. The only difference is im also able to cope with whatever variance comes my way because I always have at least 20 buy ins to what ever limits im playing. I recommend you do the same because variance will hit you sooner or later.

H

holypendant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
since u have $100, i would advice you to start playing with only $5 DoN this gives u 20 buy in.. with 60% win rate, you r bound to be in profit. if you win 80/100, den consider move up to another level...

R

Real Deal363

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say, don't get me wrong I don't know, but imo Inter1 sounds a little too lucky! I don't think it would be possible to make that much how they did it. There is no one that has played HE that hasn't lost from time to time Unless this person does nothingg but play poker, the time restraint of doing this in 3 days is unpheaseble. If they are winning like that they should be up to 1000 in 3 more days. Eventually someone will get suspicious!