Beginner question about strategy

N

Nadriannec

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope you are all well and safe. I have one question on this chart it’s showing mid late positions mostly but how about bb and sb? Should we still follow this chart?

Attachments

• A29A81CC-E6DA-488F-9917-8A0A58052C49.jpg
    A29A81CC-E6DA-488F-9917-8A0A58052C49.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 15
  • F38D344C-8620-426D-8688-A70A3D6BA55E.jpg
    F38D344C-8620-426D-8688-A70A3D6BA55E.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 15
Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Charts are harder to make for the blinds because they depend on many factors

#1 opponents opening rage
#2 opponents opening size
#3 opponents aggression after the flop

Because of all these variables and that sometimes you are in position (SB vs BB) and others you are out of position (every other time). I would suggest that no you don't just follow the charts that you have here for in the blinds play.

AllenKll

AllenKll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great question. I had a similar question when learning strategy that nobody wanted to answer. But hopefully, I can help you out.

Although, BB and SB are the last two to act pre-flop, they are considered early position.

Positional play is all about post flop betting, not pre-flop. Pre-flop is about angling for position.

It's a simple answer, but it took me a long time to get it.

So, in reference to your charts, use early position strats in BB and SB. The one exception you might want to think about is pot odds. As when you're in the blinds, you've already got some skin in the game, so sometimes, it's worth a call to see a flop with a slightly larger range, if say, you're in the SB and there are a table full of limpers, or when in the BB - UTG min-raises, and there are two or three callers... you might want to expand your range just because of the value you're getting to call.

N

Nadriannec

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Great question. I had a similar question when learning strategy that nobody wanted to answer. But hopefully, I can help you out.

Although, BB and SB are the last two to act pre-flop, they are considered early position.

Positional play is all about post flop betting, not pre-flop. Pre-flop is about angling for position.

So, in reference to your charts, use early position strats in BB and SB. The one exception you might want to think about is pot odds. As when you're in the blinds, you've already got some skin in the game, so sometimes, it's worth a call to see a flop with a slightly larger range, if say, you're in the SB and there are a table full of limpers, or when in the BB - UTG min-raises, and there are two or three callers... you might want to expand your range just because of the value you're getting to call.

Thank you so much I’m trying to figure out haha

N

neonprpl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When in the blinds and a lot of players limp,I think it is great to see even low grade hands,I have a lot of success playing like this.Always be cautious though..

N

Nadriannec

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

But I have one more question. In my chart there are no any early positions, I have all positions, mid-late positions and late position. So which one is best?

N

Nadriannec

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Charts are harder to make for the blinds because they depend on many factors

#1 opponents opening rage
#2 opponents opening size
#3 opponents aggression after the flop

Because of all these variables and that sometimes you are in position (SB vs BB) and others you are out of position (every other time). I would suggest that no you don't just follow the charts that you have here for in the blinds play.

Thanks!

M

madmandown

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Early position i.e. UTG consist of strong hands i.e. around 13% and losen up a bit by position after position.