Beating a stake

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
General question and not sure if there is a good response to it but gonna ask anyway.

How many hands would you need to play before you know whether you're beating a stake or not? Is there an amount where you can start to think about aggro bankroll management and moving up or start to look at leaks because you're not beating the stake yet and run bad can't account for it etc?

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well If you think about aggro brm and you ask questions about it on forum then you shouldn't go with aggro brm because I'm pretty sure you are not prepared mentally and technically to achieve your goals.

In my opinion something like 50k hands on cash games is enough to say if beat the stakes or not. Of course on higher limits it would be more. But on micro I think something like 50k will say something about your game. I remember times when I had 12bb/100 on nl2 and finally got dowswing when I couldn't win any hand. 36s vs my aces was like a monster hand. They always hit a flush or straight vs me:p I was about 30k hands break even with 12bb/100 winrate. That was funny.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your beating a stake level when you've won enough to sustain playing at the next level up. Once your bankroll is there take daily shots at the next level while also playing your normal level too to keep the bankroll going if your shots at next level are coming up empty. Once your shots are largely successful take more shots and play less at your normal level. If it keeps going good move up completely but move back down if your bankroll drops to top level of level below. If you cant get your bankroll built up for the next level your not beating the current level.

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was told a while ago that for SNGs you need 1k+ to see if your winning and for cash games 100k+ hands. Its alot though.

ganbat

ganbat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, if you can't make to the 1k th game, you're probably losing.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
General question and not sure if there is a good response to it but gonna ask anyway.

How many hands would you need to play before you know whether you're beating a stake or not? Is there an amount where you can start to think about aggro bankroll management and moving up or start to look at leaks because you're not beating the stake yet and run bad can't account for it etc?
I'm not sure if hands played is the right factor to consider moving up by itself. I like to consider my bankroll, confidence level, hourly win rate, and yes hand analysis. You could play 100 k hands and be totally crushing it in micro and have an amazing hourly and get destroyed moving up. I'd just build the bankroll so it can withstand a trouncing and dip the toes into the next level, that way if it feels wrong you can wait til your firing on all cylinders.

nitulbhatia

nitulbhatia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont have enough experience to comment on the subject.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

For sngs turbo , from my experience i think 2k tables should be enought to determine if you beat or no current stake.
Dont't know about cash game because i just play for fun

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I look at my successes and losses by bankroll. And what time or how much time I spent on it does not matter. You can spend a lot in 5 minutes and a few hands. The main thing is whether you have a profit from your game, and if you really strive for this.

A

AAJovheart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I beat the micros lowest stake easily yet the problem I faced is in the rakeback deal on my room which is designed for higher volume and stakes players I'll apply for a a new 27% rakeback deal and that'll make me somehow a big winner on these stakes in order to move up