Be a professional!

spawn30

spawn30

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The ability to frequently and quickly think of ranges is one of the hallmarks of a good poker player - it's not the ability to read minds as it appears in movies.
Usually when you see a player making incredible calls or folds on TV, and the presenters assign these actions to fantastic hand readings, you're witnessing a professional player exercising great range-reading ability or an ignorant player getting lucky after A bad decision.
They may look the same, but the professional player will be right many more times than the ignorant player.
Be that professional player and think of ranges of hands!

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
The ability to frequently and quickly think of ranges is one of the hallmarks of a good poker player - it's not the ability to read minds as it appears in movies.
Usually when you see a player making incredible calls or folds on TV, and the presenters assign these actions to fantastic hand readings, you're witnessing a professional player exercising great range-reading ability or an ignorant player getting lucky after A bad decision.
They may look the same, but the professional player will be right many more times than the ignorant player.
Be that professional player and think of ranges of hands!

+ 1 000 000

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Great advice. Thank you:)

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is good advice, but does someone know how I can practice this? Should I just play play play, or would hand reviewing be more efficient?

I'm relatively new to poker, have done some research, know the basics, but I still play with play money and in freeroll tourneys. And it seems really hard to predict ranges in those low stakes games...

Jonatha007

Jonatha007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is good advice, but does someone know how I can practice this? Should I just play play play, or would hand reviewing be more efficient?

I'm relatively new to poker, have done some research, know the basics, but I still play with play money and in freeroll tourneys. And it seems really hard to predict ranges in those low stakes games...

Initially I advise to play tournaments that you have at least 50+ up to 100 entries, preferably sit go 9 players, this banking management will favor you. Play with maximum precision, choosing the hands according to their position, stack and style of the players. Free tournaments usually do not give you all the necessary experience but are good learnings. Study and always have the ranges of hands in sight, adapt your game and good luck friend.

_________
The only thing you can control is your choices.

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So you'd say just depositing 5-10 $ and play 0.10$ sit and go would be good practice? I'll try this eventually I think, but I want more knowledge before I go in real money games. Thanks for the advice!!

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's a free book on iBooks if you're on IOS called "calculating poker expected EV with speed" which I've not read yet but could be a useful tool.

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most important thing is to play the games you enjoy, your more likely to put in the practice time and effort if your having fun wherever it be cash, MTTs etc