One basic poker tip

P

PlayGamer78

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the most basic smart poker tips is to fold a lot more hands than you play. To many players this sounds like a terribly boring way to spend an evening, i.e. just sitting at the table while everyone else is in the game?

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Your opponent's style of play and strategy at the table is the second most important factor in making a decision. You must constantly analyze how your opponents play at the table - and know what to expect from them. Otherwise, you'll just have to play randomly. Poker is a unique game, and there's no one right answer to every question. There's no telling if you should fold a pocket of jacks in response to a reraise. You must decide this for yourself - based on all the information available to you. And remember, the ability to make strong folds preflop is a skill of a true professional that is necessary for successful results. The only way to win in poker is to bet. The only way to win a lot is to bet a lot. Poker is a game of long, calculated aggression.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The same thing happens to me and that's what I have to work on and improve my game, it's that I get bored if I don't play many hands, but it's like you say, it's best to play few hands and the safest ones, if you play as an amateur you get bored of Waiting for the right hand, but of course, it's wrong to play junk hands just for the sake of playing.