Barry Greenstein's, Ace On The River.

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have just bought this book. Anyone here read it? Is it any good?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eh, it's alright but nothing special. The thing is, it covers a wide scope of areas, but because it does this it's inferior with regards to the detail it goes into. It has sections on game theory - Sklansky's books are better at dealing with this. It has sections on psychology - Zen and the Art of Poker and (from what I hear) Psychology of Poker are better at dealing with this. It has a tournament section - the HoH books are better... etcetera etcetera.

I found the most interesting part of the book by far to be the early sections detailing Greenstein's past, to be honest.

You will probably get more out of it if you haven't read a lot of poker literature previously, though.

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the info. I have only ever read super system 1 and 2, and i am half way through hoh v1. So, i will probably get something out of it.

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like Ace on the River....Its not the average "Here is how to play poker" books. Its more of a "Here is what to do with your money, how to manage yourself and prepare yourself."

I would probably read it agian if I had it, but I rented it from the Libary and read it.