My bankroll management strategy

JimboAAkimbo

JimboAAkimbo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow & steady wins the race (for me anyway). I only want to invest no more than 1% of my bankroll on an MTT or cash table bring in.

I don't want to lose more than 5% of my bankroll in one day so if I lose 5 x 1% bring ins on a cash table in one session, it's time to call it quits for the day.

I play at ACR and switched from their VIP program to 27% rakeback which is paid daily so that helps.

I will bring in up to 5% of my bankroll on a cash table but if I lose that, I wont bring in anymore.

At ACR when you make the top ten in their weekly freeroll leaderboard, you win a seat into a $55 live cage match satellite and once you are awarded that ticket, you can't unregister from that tournament. So my advice is to buy into that tournament before being awarded the ticket. That way they award you $55 tourney bucks instead. Just make sure you spend some of your tourney bucks to get it under $55 worth before you unregister from the satellite. Otherwise ACR will put you straight back into the satellite using your tourny bucks

When calculating my bankroll total I add the cash in my account to my tourney bucks.

This may seem like a very slow way to build your bankroll but at least it's a sure fire way to not lose your bankroll anytime soon and be able to play for a long time without breaking the bank.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That is a good strategy. Good luck in your games.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,
I think it's good to have a solit and clear bankroll management even if it's slow you know that in time it will keep groing.
Something ia confusing about what you said and maybe can explain? Bring 1% for mtts means having 100bi for mtts you play? Or the full session is 1%. Because 100bi for mtts is kind of low. And 5% at a table for cash games means 20bi for cash games which is again low not at all tight bankroll management. But maybe i understood it wrong

JimboAAkimbo

JimboAAkimbo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,
I think it's good to have a solit and clear bankroll management even if it's slow you know that in time it will keep groing.
Something ia confusing about what you said and maybe can explain? Bring 1% for mtts means having 100bi for mtts you play? Or the full session is 1%. Because 100bi for mtts is kind of low. And 5% at a table for cash games means 20bi for cash games which is again low not at all tight bankroll management. But maybe i understood it wrong

Ok, so I have $171.29 in my bankroll at the moment. That means I will play any MTT buy in up to $1.71 or say e.g. I play a 50 cent rebuy/add on. This would allow me one rebuy & one add on.

For cash tables, I only like playing micro stakes PLO8 so 1c/2c, 2c/5c or 5c/10c. They had limit tables there for a while but they're gone again.

Oh another thing I forgot to add to original post is the choosing a red or black card at the end of a MTT cash or when you leave a cash table. I will only consider using this feature if the amount I'm risking is a half of 1% of my bankroll or less, that way if I lose the coinflip, I haven't really lost all that much.

drejva11

drejva11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well calculated, just try to grind with that money more and more, good luck man!

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very good strategy, it's hard to me to play with bankroll manegement, thats why i have problems sometimes, but you chose really a good way!)

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management