B

Bird173

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How can I get better at this without taking the fun out of the game?

GIRFIED

GIRFIED

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

When we talk about bankroll management we need discipline, and to have discipline we need to have “clear objectives and goals”. These are things that often do not amuse us.

When we want to improve we need to do many things that we are not going to like, it is part of life (and much more for a professional poker player).

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
Every thing in life need disciplines ,otherwise it become difficult. So that applies to poker as well, without BRM we gonna play fear or tilt game and gonna destroy the fun of playin. So always follow more than 100 Buyins for mtt or 50 Buyins minimum for cash. That will be even bigger if you play hyper games . This is my take . Best of luck

B

Bird173

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thanks for the words guys it’s easier said than done but I gotta grow up in this sense

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Find your sweet spot

Don't play with so many buyins that it's boring

don't play with so few buyins that it's stressful

Find the zone in between that makes you feel a little bit excited but also not fearful, this is the zone, this is where you are stimulated, and where you will have your best focus levels.

Find it, enjoy it, and put in tons of volume at that level (whatever it is)

B

Bird173

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Find your sweet spot

Don't play with so many buyins that it's boring

don't play with so few buyins that it's stressful

Find the zone in between that makes you feel a little bit excited but also not fearful, this is the zone, this is where you are stimulated, and where you will have your best focus levels.

Find it, enjoy it, and put in tons of volume at that level (whatever it is)

Thanks Evan love your stuff I bought the five pillars (or is it 7) a few years ago (it’s been awhile) and did quite a few of your quizzes on poker coaching I appreciate you as a person with the many teas and the meditations. If you haven’t tried it I highly suggest jiaogulan keeps me at my best!

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Set a limit and stick to it. Only play with what you can afford. It will be more enjoyable to play when you are not worried about losing your money. Even if you are a great player there will be times when you will seem to be losing every flip and your bankroll will take a hit. Playing within your limit ensures you won’t lose necessary money in the short term when variance does hit you.

Best of luck.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thank you for posting

What fun is missing if you do not ignore your bankroll?

How much fun are you having if you are not playing because you have no bankroll?

Are you only having fun when making dangerous low equity aggressive plays?

Is winning a pot by sucking out more fun then making great reads and good plays?

Are you trying to get a short term thrill fix?

A deep dive into your personal motivation is what may help you become the player this question suggests you wish to be.

Hope this helps

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management