Bankroll management

M

Mijo019

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
MG
Chips
Does sitting at a table with a limit that is too expensive for your bankroll affect your game?

A

ageloss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GR
Chips
I think yes it does. If you play in a table like this i think you play stressed and you have not a clear mind thinking of your money and that effects your gaming!

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, if I seat on the table with expensive buy in I think about money what I payed and that I can not lose this game. But not about a good my poker game. And often I will lose the game

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
There are many strategies and useful tools for managing your bankroll, but unfortunately, there is no one-size-fits-all approach. To increase your poker bankroll, you should first set your gaming budget. Be sure to separate your bankroll from your personal finances, as this is your entertainment budget, not an investment.

waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
When I've won tickets to tournaments that have a $109 buy in like the Sunday Millions I noticed I was way too tight and didn't play my game like I would on my normal $2 tournament games. It made me fold and not be as aggressive which eventually saw me be phased out of the game. It definitely affected me.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Yes of course, if I seat on the table with expensive buy in I want play like always , I play too tight and folding a lot of hands trying to make it to the cash and that for sure affect my game.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It can definitely cost you the game, Playing with money you cannot afford to lose, Puts you on the defensive, and it stays in your mind that really, you should not be playing that game. If you make a deposit of $50, then start buying in for $10 Your money is not going to last you long, and you will probably blow the lot in one session.
Poker is not a Money Cow! Nor a way to get rich quick! It is Hard work and needs a lot of Study to become a Profitable Player, Bankroll Management is even more important for beginners because you will lose, it's inevitable, You simply cannot win every game you buy into.
Finding your comfortable limits, and sticking to them, does not make you a Coward, It means you have common sense and can afford to lose now and again, without it costing you a Small fortune. Because you will lose more than you think.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! So, what do I can to say by this topic?.. I merely don't play on limits, that are not for my Bankroll. Why?!.
That accidently to lose quickly whole own Bankroll?! By my opinion, Main Poker's rule: play by Bankroll, and then will OK!

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management