mandachuva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
;)

I read in an article that talked about our bankroll
To have a good bankroll and I need to know that we can never play more than 5% of the bankroll

If you have 200 you can play 10

PLUS the right even in my point of view is that we only invest 2% of the bankroll

007Leon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i readed that you have to play only the 1 or 2% of your bankroll, but, as in my case you dont have money, i made my bakroll with freerolls, so, i have to take more risks, i bet above of my 1 or 2% that i have, cause i have to take the risk

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
i readed that you have to play only the 1 or 2% of your bankroll, but, as in my case you dont have money, i made my bakroll with freerolls, so, i have to take more risks, i bet above of my 1 or 2% that i have, cause i have to take the risk
Even less. I believe it's 0.5% of your BR. So for 200 USD you can play only 1 dollar tourney according to BRM.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the format you're playing.

Heads-Up SNG: 3% of bankroll in a game

9-man SNG: 1% of bankroll in a game

Big Field MTT: 0.25% of bankroll in a game

These are just approximate guidelines and change depending on factors like how large your edge is and your willingness to grind back up at lower stakes if you're running poorly.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The numbers suggested by Collin are reasonable but a bit on the conservative side except maybe for heads up SnGs. Just want to add, that with MTTs is seldom practical to play only one limit, and if you play an interval like 1-5$ or 5-25$, then its going to be your average buyin, which determine the bankroll requirement, rather than the highest buyin.

Also big field MTTs are not practical, if you are trying to build a bankroll and move up. This is because, variance is so high, you might have to play for years to even get near your true long term results. Or alternatively you get lucky and bink a big score quickly, which then cause you to move up, before you have the skills needed to beat those higher games.

So if you want to play MTTs, its much better to focus on those with small to medium sized fields like maybe 300 or less players. And for those a 500$ bankroll will be fine for a mix of 1-5$ MTTs, while a 2.500$ bankroll is needed for a mix of 5-25$ MTTs.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's playing, and it's sometimes brought along on the way.

To scold in such thing, it's a problem.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to do 3% for Cash/Ring games, 2% for 1 table sit n gos, and 1% for remaining tournaments.

I think it also depends on your own personality and what you feel comfortable risking. I would not recommend more than that, but you might want to consider less.

It also depends on how easily you can replace a bankroll.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even with online "play chips" I practice disciplined bankroll management skills. You play how you practice, so I'm getting into good habits now :)

Once I "move up" in stakes from my freerolls, I'll certainly follow advice of bankroll management :)

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You will find just about every answer imaginable on a forum; some people will be super nitty with their roll while others who can just reload from a salary don't take it so seriously. This is the advice I follow:
https://jonathanlittlepoker.com/bankroll/

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management