johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys, i need some help here.
Can you give me some tips on how to do a good bankroll management.
My problem is when i play cash games and i was winning and say my BR is already more than tripled my buy in, i would still stay on the table and before i know it my chips are all gone along with my buy in.
Is there anything i could do to have a better control of myself to know when to go away from the table, even if i am losing or winning??
I always end up cursing myself for not leaving the table early when i was winning big.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

maezma

maezma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not recommend playing cash at the tables. In the long term, it is not beneficial. Depending on your bank of credit you could put together a good strategy between progressive KO and SNG KO tournaments. I have achieved very good results in those formats with little money.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

You have to set a limit and get off when you hit that limit. This is another way play a hundred hands and get off.

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Set a goal for the session for instance doubling the buy in or changing to a different table after ~50 hands (roughly 10 rotations on a 6-max table). So on a $2NL table you buy in for $2 and leave when your stack exceeds $4.

Another method is to not risk more than n% of your Bankroll on any one table. So if the max you will risk is 5% of your bankroll then on a $2NL table with a $100 bankroll when your stack reach $5 move to another table.

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks I didnt have that one. I like the way he coaches and I download all free articles of his I can find. He has a contest going right now for a $1100 MSPT buy in and a year subscription of coaching. Ends Sunday its on his twitter page...mine too LOL.

https://twitter.com/Harold54915544?s=09

Last edited:
A

abyk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good advice is to not play more than 5% of your bankroll.

For example, if you have $20 in your account, don't play SNGs more than $1

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A good advice is to not play more than 5% of your bankroll.

For example, if you have $20 in your account, don't play SNGs more than $1

This is right but his question was mir when Quittung a table. I ready some article about it how to you like to Play. On e Friends like to Player Short Stack. When He Gans about his buy in je leaves the Table . I I didnt ready some think about a general rule when to quit a table.

A

AngelBLR_Poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no more than 10 percent of the buy-in game

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management