Bankroll management

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right now i have a small bankroll,but im having so much fun playing poker that it is drooping to fast. Do you have a certain amount off money that you play per day? or you have an amount limit that you dont let your bankroll get down off it?

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don`t know what the pro`s do, but for myself I use a 50/1 bankroll management. So, $100.00 in the bank is good for $2.00 buy-in, $150.00 for $3.00, $250.00 for $5.00, etc.

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Size of your bankroll

The size of the bankroll should also be determined by your ability to win. If you are a cash player who wins about 60% of gaming sessions, then you need a bankroll larger than a player who wins 80% of sessions. Loose players face more variance than tight ones. Psychological players face fewer streaks than tilting lovers. The type of your rivals, their abilities also affect the variance. The type of stakes in the game also matters to your bankroll. Limit Hold'em players can afford to have a smaller bankroll than players in pot-limit or no-limit discipline. Dispersion in limit games is much less, and therefore the strikes are softer.:bandit::bandit::bandit:

A

akjordan16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bank roll managment

I recommend you practice, practice, and practice.

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don`t know what the pro`s do, but for myself I use a 50/1 bankroll management. So, $100.00 in the bank is good for $2.00 buy-in, $150.00 for $3.00, $250.00 for $5.00, etc.
Nice idea buddy,and about the amount off buying s per day?

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have a super nitty BR.

I got this BRM below from the internet, just can't remember where, but I sure like it... I use the cautious side. You don't have to be as nitty as me, you could use whichever you prefer.

Attachments

• brm 2.jpg
    brm 2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 28

500hpawd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use a very tight BR when possible. for MTT's I try to have 50 buy-ins for anything over a $1.10 buy-in. If your BR is under that it is very hard to use tight BRM. As for the question about how many buy-ins per day.. I dont think anything about it because as long as you stick within your BRM and adjust as the day goes along you'll be fine. Hope this helps and GL!

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I play poker for about one year. I have little experience, so I try to play freerolls. Previously, I spent an average of 20-30 dollars a month. But now, thanks to freerolls, I accumulate experience and improve my game for free.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice idea buddy,and about the amount off buying s per day?
I try to pick 1 or 2 tournaments per day to focus on, play tight, no rebuys or add-ons, make the money or move on to a freeroll, and wait for the next day.
Good luck and see you on the tables.

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
since I started playing I read a lot about this but I finally found one that like me the most saw it on a youtube video.

For cash games 80 buy ins, for example if you're playing NL 2 you should have 160$
For MTTs at least 150 buy in
For sit and Go's 1 table 80 buy ins

this bankroll management I consider it myself save I mean really cautious in case of a big bad streak or poor play for tilt...

of course it all depends if you're playing to be professional or just for fun
Good Luck!

P

paapcity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a good start of a good brm is the one EvertonGirl did post.
If you take the medium one you must do ok

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main task is not to get rich quickly, but to protect yourself as much as possible from the threat of ruin.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now i have a small bankroll,but im having so much fun playing poker that it is drooping to fast. Do you have a certain amount off money that you play per day? or you have an amount limit that you dont let your bankroll get down off it?

I try to keep 100 buy-ins for tournaments and 30-40 buyins for cash games. If you have no way to deposit more then you want to play as safe as possible.

If you have the means to deposit just play what you feel comfortable.

You want to play where the losses don't affect you mentally because in poker you will lose sometimes. This can last days/weeks/months too so you want to have a good safety net in case you hit a dry patch.

Eriktommy163

Eriktommy163

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on your level of play and your financial cushion. Let's just say, if you are not playing the first year and play, successfully at least 6 of the 10 sessions, then play with the buy in 1/20 of your wallet acceptable. But if in 10 sessions you successfully less than 4 sessions, then of course you need to go to buy in 1/60 - 1/80 of your wallet:rolleyes:

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use roughly 3% of my bankroll for a buy in. If I lose that, I will reassess how I think I am playing, feeling and quality of my opponents before I make another buy-in.

M

marco3266960

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
banking

Hello good day!
About banking management I've always learned to have available
$ 100 for each $ 1 dollar game, so your game gets more dynamic and you
avoids breaking the bank.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It depends on how much your money means to you and where you play best.
If you can't afford to lose much then play the cheapest games where you have a shot at the money. If you play OK then look for the smallest fields and best tables at the cheapest games.
Otherwise, increase your buy-in relative to what you are willing to lose for that day and stick to it. On the up-side if you win, increase your bankroll and increase your next buy-in by some percentage of your new found gain....and make sure you get some players points along the way.:bandit:

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a super nitty BR.

I got this BRM below from the internet, just can't remember where, but I sure like it... I use the cautious side. You don't have to be as nitty as me, you could use whichever you prefer.
Dam iff im going to play by that table i can only play freerolls, my bankroll is very small at the moment,i gues i have to win some free rolls and make it bigger in other to follow those statements.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a super nitty BR.

Wow, this is really good bankroll strategy, I think you should take a note from this one, probably will use for me now.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dam iff im going to play by that table i can only play freerolls, my bankroll is very small at the moment,i gues i have to win some free rolls and make it bigger in other to follow those statements.
If you have a few bucks I recommend you to grind 0.10, 0.02 Sit&Go's on stars. You can build your bankroll really good that way if you play good and get lucky. I decided to play few of these and got 2nd place for 5$ bucks which is 50 buy-ins in this tourney.. If you play well you can easily hit final table a lot of time.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management