bankroll control

G

Guilhermeh088

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For those starting out in poker, besides knowing the rules and strategies, the most important thing is to have bankroll control and play tournaments where you have at least 100 entries.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For those starting out in poker, besides knowing the rules and strategies, the most important thing is to have bankroll control and play tournaments where you have at least 100 entries.

Hello.
For those who are starting to play poker, I do not recommend spending more than 1-2% of the bankroll per day. In addition, I am convinced that there is no need to invest your own money. Everyone, even a beginner, provided he is patient enough, can create a bankroll by playing in freerolls.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Not trying to hijack or take attention away from your thread. But if you can check out my thread on the 1st page here called "building bankroll vs maintaining bankroll" and vote if you get a chance. I think in my opinion that the key to success in poker is bankroll management. I think building is the hardest thing than maintaining it. Once you get to a certain financial level if you put hardcore Shaolin zen master discipline into your bankroll you really can't go nowhere but up in this game. It is easier said than done good luck to you and your journey hope you make life changing money.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, discipline, responsibility and compliance with bankroll management prevent losses and frustration. It is very important that beginners understand this and always treat these key factors responsibly.

GDubs13

GDubs13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dang! Only play MTT's that I have 100 entries worth in my bankroll?? So I started playing poker online and live at the end of last year and bankroll control or management has been the thing I struggle with the most!!! It is so difficult for me at least and slowly I am getting better... I don't know how many times I have bought into tournaments using my entire bankroll lol!! I mean I'm talking about I have 20$ in my account and I use 15$ to buy into a tournament... I have stopped doing this sort of thing unless I have built up a healthy bankroll however building and maintaining a healthy bankroll is and can still be a struggle for me. I hardly have to put money on my poker accounts compared to how I used to have to be adding money daily.. Another thing I have been trying to focus on is playing all the freerolls I can!!! And if I have no money in my poker account use freerolls to get money into the account rather than just dumping more of my own money into the account. Freerolls are the business!! Especially the freerolls on CardsChat!!! Bankroll management however is one of the more difficult challenges of poker for me. When I first started to play too it was a couple months down the road of playing before I even heard the term bankroll management too! Scary I know! I am learning though.. And I love poker!!! :)

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
do not spend more then 15% , max 20% , al do is to high so much , of your income ... if in 2-3 months you establish a bankroll lower your %

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it all depends from your goals. If you just play for fun and you are not worried to lose your bankroll because you can always deposit then you can play even with 1 buy in.

If you play this game more seriously but you have a job then 100BI is kind of ok. But for professionals 100 BI is a gambling. Variance can be huge in mtts. I know pros who play with 500bi.

C

CTPA3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't increase the bankroll, I'm marking time. I lost in mtt, went to spin-and-go, picked it up, went back to mtt) and so on in a circle. I guess I'm stupid))

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah that's right. You shall not feel ay pressure when playing your game.
But luckily we have CC freerolls in case of losing the whole bankroll.

A

arsenalcho_1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

this for 100 entries is relative, if you are a patient and tight player you can control your bank with 50 entries

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management