Bankroll Building

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
looking for Suggestions from more experienced players about bankroll building. I have $50 available how would you go about building this bankroll up. (online poker play)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Spend some of your time studying and the rest grinding 2NL cash games.

naydanazar

naydanazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
looking for Suggestions from more experienced players about bankroll building. I have $50 available how would you go about building this bankroll up. (Online poker play)
play microlimits, that is, at pokerstars play $ 0.25 tournaments

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
looking for Suggestions from more experienced players about bankroll building. I have $50 available how would you go about building this bankroll up. (Online poker play)
are you american or other player?? that is first question

what is goal 50 to what??
are you an tourney player or ring player?

do you do well in sit and go's?
et....

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Micro single table Sit and Go's are a great way to build up a bankroll. They standard is fairly low and the variance is low as 33% of the field cash. It also exposes you to how a tournament developes from 100BB starting stacks, to bubble, to final table short stacks to heads up play all in the space of about half an hour.

Play a few and then analyse your game. Focus on big hands that you won and big hands that you lost. Did you play them well? Could you have played them better?

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

$ 50 is too little. I think you need to have at least $ 500. I am also currently working on creating my bankroll and do not know any better options than playing freerolls.

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$ 50 is too little. I think you need to have at least $ 500. I am also currently working on creating my bankroll and do not know any better options than playing freerolls.
Is not little at all. Player at my country has qualified for live tourney in germany through 6 steps online, winning at all 6 which at the end bring him ticket for live play. He played the tourney and finished 2nd taking home over 300.000 Euros starting from just scratch and having strong dedication and a little luck maybe. Afterwards he was sponsored by some big companies and turned pro. So in life everything is possible. At your case, I would suggest you to play very low stakes, tourneys not cash games and the most important thing is to not get greedy after some wins. All the best ;)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bencb is a great guy, and there is a lot of good advice in that video. The main point to take away is, that if your goal is to build a bankroll, you need to avoid games, where the variance is very high, or where it is difficult to find enough edge. This is why, bencb does not recommend large field tournaments, and he also advice against playing turbo tournaments.

If I was to start again as a new player, I would begin on PokerStars if possible. Then I would use the full ring cash games to practice 100BB poker, and I would use the 45-180 man regular speed SnGs to practice tournament poker.

When I was profitable in both these formats, and had a bankroll of 300-500$, I would move to another poker site and play small field tournaments there. In my experience this is the easiest way to make money in the micros, and therefore also the fastest way to grow the bankroll to that initial goal of like 2.000 or 2.500$.

The issue with PokerStars at this point is, that small field tournaments essentially does not exist, and the 45-180 man SnGs tend to get very reg infested, when you get above 1,5$ buyin. In my experience tournaments on 888 Poker is definitely softer, and I imagine, this will also be the case on many other smaller poker sites.

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To get started, start playing on micro-limits in cash Nl2. When will the$ 100 go to NL5. You can start playing sng for $ 1. Gradually increase your skill level and move to higher limits

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is not little at all. Player at my country has qualified for live tourney in Germany through 6 steps online, winning at all 6 which at the end bring him ticket for live play. He played the tourney and finished 2nd taking home over 300.000 Euros starting from just scratch and having strong dedication and a little luck maybe. Afterwards he was sponsored by some big companies and turned pro. So in life everything is possible. At your case, I would suggest you to play very low stakes, tourneys not cash games and the most important thing is to not get greedy after some wins. All the best ;)

You can also buy a lottery for $ 1 and win $ 10 million. Everything is possible in life, but everyone has the right to their own opinion. Personally, I think $ 50 is too little .....

nicuchico

nicuchico

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are already proven experience sitngo 45p turbo on PS is a good way to building your bankroll. If you are a rookie, spingo or sitngo single table

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

$50 is plenty if you exercise good bankroll management. Plenty of players have built huge bankrolls out of much less.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The lowest stakes sit & goes are going to be your best option

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

50$ is just fine to play and learn the game and practice brm.

Maybe op is a new player or can't afford more, either it is for hobby or anything.

Op with 50$ you can try cash NL2 or tournaments.
If you prefer tournaments don't play large field mtt.
Try the 0.25$ 45man sit n go or the 1$ 9man knockouts. Both are regular speed (which is a good thing for me) and they run all the time.
If you like something more fast paced then maybe try the turbo 0.5$ 9man or 45man.

See how you do with any of those games in the long run and what you enjoy the most.
Don't forget that we have to enjoy the game xD.

BigDice75

BigDice75

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With that bankroll I would start playing NL2 cash games.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management