Balance at the table. Do you want it to be?

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I apologize if it seems a little out of place and absurd for those who use statistics and lessons learned to do the right thing in their game. Me being without much schooling...I would have need some opinions and advice on a matter:
You are at a table with very good players who play very conservatively, place bets well, play good hands and try (easy to understand) to capitalize on them...etc. You get the point. How could we break their balance to make them more slightly or more vulnerable?
Do you use nuts, trash cards preflop when you know for sure your opponent has a monster hand and is playing it very cautiously? Should he be punished for being an open book? He will surely blow you away with his stats and what he has learned so far,He will be one who not gives up his good but not winning hand hard.
What kind of tricks do you use to get yourself in the fog? How do you hide better?

As I said before, I'm kind of a beginner in a strange field. Some opinions would certainly help. Please don't throw rocks!!!😀
Thank you very much!

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
These are all strategies that must be learned. To know what they are up to, you have to start studying all situations. Study player types, hand reading, math, position, etc.
poker is a cool thing to study and once you start really getting into it, you will see your way out of these foggy situations and be able to see things more clearly. Good luck friend!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, that's right, you said that if a person plays poker a lot and plays with strong hands, you need to confuse him. Of course, it's very difficult against an experienced player, but if he plays with strong hands, try to play with weak cards, that is, from the bottom of the cards to win him when he catches his strong pair and you collect two small pairs or a straight or set and take a big pot from him but you have to take a risk and defeat such players in this way

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Almost nobody plays truly balanced, so they are always doing something too much or not enough and you can exploit them.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If you refuse to balance your ranges in poker, strong opponents will constantly exploit you. You should always use the same bet sizes, and play your entire range, so you do not give your opponents additional information about the strength of your hands.In poker, balance is extremely important.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against very good players who are experienced and presumably winning players, the game is quite difficult, so if someone is rarely in such an environment. Unfortunately, there is not much to do there but to play tight and trust the good cards.
If you have more experience at a high level, you can obviously play differently, but this requires experience, because the pros quickly take down the fake pro game and the flailing, which can even end in elimination from a tournament.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You can play agressive strategy and try to take small banks

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
You can play agressive strategy and try to take small banks
It would be weirder to make some small expenses to confuse, and win big😉.
Thank you very much for your opinion.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Hi mister, A.! Are we talk about online or live game? 🙂

Change your game, if they catch you for waiting premium hands, you are done already...
Play aggressive and than chill out little bit, like you doesn't have clue what are you're doing... 😁

You know what, even players who's playing this games for decades are not all fantastic players, so don't be scared if you are beginner 😉

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hi mister, A.! Are we talk about online or live game? 🙂

Change your game, if they catch you for waiting premium hands, you are done already...
Play aggressive and than chill out little bit, like you doesn't have clue what are you're doing... 😁

You know what, even players who's playing this games for decades are not all fantastic players, so don't be scared if you are beginner 😉
Thank you very much. It's about the online game, I don't want this live, I want to go to the toilet in peace 🤣

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Thank you very much. It's about the online game, I don't want this live, I want to go to the toilet in peace 🤣

Your welcome + you can go to toilet in peace when you play live game too...😃

Its more difficult to take the table with you live I've found! My laptop on the other hand is frequently rested on the cats litter box during an online game! :)

To the actual question in hand, sometimes we find ourselves in these positions. Firstly I would say that often we can perceive others to be better than they are. I would focus on playing my own game and not try to disrupt them too much. Poker is a mostly a game of Value betting. So concentrate on playing TAG, other good players will also then perceive you to be a good solid player and you will therefore hold your own.

I've played with loads of decent live players, who love to talk a good game, they seem like they do everything right, until they don't.....or until what they think is right, is actually suicide, so don't be intimidated by these players.

Finally even if you are genuinely a worse player than some of these players, you don't want to start playing tricky and getting yourself in a mess.....just try and ride it out, maybe you get moved tables, or hit a great run of cards. A long MTT is also about making the least mistakes.

Focus on yourself, and keep learning to try and steadily catch up with these players and in the meantime don't worry about it.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Thank you very much! I got some really good advice, giving me a lot to think about. I appreciate a lot.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I apologize if it seems a little out of place and absurd for those who use statistics and lessons learned to do the right thing in their game. Me being without much schooling...I would have need some opinions and advice on a matter:
You are at a table with very good players who play very conservatively, place bets well, play good hands and try (easy to understand) to capitalize on them...etc. You get the point. How could we break their balance to make them more slightly or more vulnerable?
Do you use nuts, trash cards preflop when you know for sure your opponent has a monster hand and is playing it very cautiously? Should he be punished for being an open book? He will surely blow you away with his stats and what he has learned so far,He will be one who not gives up his good but not winning hand hard.
What kind of tricks do you use to get yourself in the fog? How do you hide better?

As I said before, I'm kind of a beginner in a strange field. Some opinions would certainly help. Please don't throw rocks!!!😀
Thank you very much!
#1 rule in poker to make money is-----play vs players who are weaker than us.

Why are we in this game? Finding another game would be my first action. Why spend your time trying to find a small equity edge, go to another game where they are giving away equity more often.

If you have to play in this game then take 4 months to study and work on your ranges-GTOWizard free has preflop ranges and 1 free post flop hand daily.

Take the money you would have lost playing in this game and spend it on training and then go back and win it all back.