Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone.

Something that is happening to me a lot lately is losing with hands like AQ, AJ (whether or not suited), against hands like 6-7 off, 4-7 off, or 6-10 off.
I have not looked at the statistical possibilities of an AQ against a 4-7 off, but, beyond the "fever" of losing with a bad beat against a mononeuronic asshole (a species that in these sad times of quarantine has reproduced), I I think: AQ, AJ, A10, are usually hands dominated by AK or aces and, instead, these idiots who go with those absolutely marginal hands, maybe they are aware of that and probably, although I still think that they are brainless gamblers , what they do is not so bad, since their hands are not dominated by my possible rank.
By nature I only play "any too" in situations where in a tournament or sit I am very short, and from button or small blind, but these things leave me thinking .......

I would like to know your opinions and advice in this regard.

Thanks for always being there.

Greetings from Buenos Aires.

PS: Sorry if my post contains some aggressive words, but I'm mad ....

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
These are the hands we feel we should win 65% ish preflop but it seems that the number of times your in a situation like this during a tournament for example, has increased to the point that it's become a repetitive crushing feeling that occurs time and time again. The other side of it is that's where the easy chips come from most of the times and if you can survive the wave, variance will eventually even things out.

N

natelearnspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone.

Something that is happening to me a lot lately is losing with hands like AQ, AJ (whether or not suited), against hands like 6-7 off, 4-7 off, or 6-10 off.
I have not looked at the statistical possibilities of an AQ against a 4-7 off, but, beyond the "fever" of losing with a bad beat against a mononeuronic asshole (a species that in these sad times of quarantine has reproduced), I I think: AQ, AJ, A10, are usually hands dominated by AK or aces and, instead, these idiots who go with those absolutely marginal hands, maybe they are aware of that and probably, although I still think that they are brainless gamblers , what they do is not so bad, since their hands are not dominated by my possible rank.
By nature I only play "any too" in situations where in a tournament or sit I am very short, and from button or small blind, but these things leave me thinking .......

I would like to know your opinions and advice in this regard.

Thanks for always being there.

Greetings from Buenos Aires.

PS: Sorry if my post contains some aggressive words, but I'm mad ....

Hey man I feel where you’re coming from and even with 2:1 odds against marginal hands, we can’t help but feel furious by getting beat by marginal 47o or 86o hands. If it’s any consolation, someone shoved 85o and knocked me out with my K6o, which also isn’t great but definitely better.

These day, I tend not to shove with “premium” hands like AQ and just raise to see the flop to play accordingly. Even with AA you’ll lose a percentage of the time. That’s why it’s best not to shove/call all-ins and out play your opponent post flop. I find that I can outplay players that shove marginal hands post-flop because then you have more control. If you’re shoving, then it’s up to luck.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands