Bad beats

Y

Yura Nabok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only way to avoid a BB is to never get it in unless you have the nuts...on the river

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad Beats just put you that much closer to the sunny side of variance.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This can not be avoided.Playing you're not immune from Bad beats.

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You cant always avoid, thats a part of poker variance. They will be some cooler moments where its impossible to get away from your hands. So just embrace them and and grind away playing your best game possible

R

reggie_g

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sadly it is part of the game no one can avoid

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you avoid bad beats? What do you do in this situation.

There is not one strategy to avoid bad beats.

However, what you can do is just try to put your chips in the best possible position to win.

I have had too many bad beat stories in my poker activities. I tell myself just keep trying, some day there has to be break or two going my way.

H

Heidenroeslein

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree to HowS answer about learning to avoid mistakes in the future, if they could have been easily avoided. Focus on the flop and how much it would cost or how much of risk it is to get a hand that is not able to be beaten, is the best way not to lose many hands. But there is always a risk and sometimes you may have forgotten about a hand that's above yours... .

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play only VERY strong hands and do not take part in distributions, where more than three calls. Even with pocket aces, your mathematical expectation of victory against three opponents is just over 50%.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Would not be online poker without bad beats. Yesterday flopped Ace high flush, and on the turn some one got the table high full house. Next card was useless to all players. Turn over our cards and the ace high flush and full house lost to straight flush. I saw the straight flush possibility on the flop and could have folded. But poker is like boxing, you have to eat a few punches to land a few punches.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only way to avoid bad beats is to be the donkey yourself and play weak and dominated hands. That way you will be the one giving bad beats to others, albeit a losing player. Otherwise, the better you play, the more bad beats you'll encounter, but overall your bankroll should go up, not down.

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only way to avoid bad beats is to be the donkey yourself and play weak and dominated hands. That way you will be the one giving bad beats to others, albeit a losing player. Otherwise, the better you play, the more bad beats you'll encounter, but overall your bankroll should go up, not down.
I think this is a reasonable way to look at the situation, and i fully agree with what you said. I will echo that bad beats are part of the game, and they will and sometimes push a player to tilt mode.

F

feecg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beat is part of the game, but some may be avoidable. Some advice I would give to avoid a bad beat: don't play medium hands against tight players; if your in late position with -QQ and there are raise and strong re raise or +20bb shove before your action, just fold man, especially on low limits, cause there is nothing else on these guy's ranges besides aces or kings; think before every move, even, or especially if you are holding strong hands.

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad beat is another name for Pokerstars :)

B

Bagdalac4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, you just can't avoid bad beats, but you have tables on some poker sites with bat beat guardian. If you have bed beat, you split the pot with the winner or something like that. I didn't play, I just heard about those tables.