jonasz warzecha

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
How you cope guys with bad beat in late stage of good MTT sesion

Im kinda tilting trying to recover quickly, fell strange not bad but can’t describe that feeling like when you fell from a bicycle when you was 5 and hit diaphgram and can’t catch breathe for a while 😂

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Check if your play wrong, or if you play right…
are you ahead when the money goes in or are you behind….
if you are behind rethink your game
are you ahead blame the luck, and comfort yourself with you did right :)

jonasz warzecha

jonasz warzecha

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Ego says always play right

jonasz warzecha

jonasz warzecha

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Just expecting miracle with medicore hand.
More about mental strength in that time like loosing desire to wait and start again

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
simply accept the bad beat and focus on the next hand. :)

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had tilt problems when I started to play years ago, but nowadays I deal with bad beats so much better. I accepted that bad beats will happen all the time and if I made the right play, I just move on to the next table. Of course that's easier said than done.

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
u can't do nothing about it it's part of the game, try to continue playing your game and to not be affected by that bad luck :D

runson

runson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
35 procent equity out of cardchat freeroll ended about place 45. If I fold I have chips to continue if I hit I'm final table probably. Feels like cooler to me 😄 litlle over 20 bb. Is that correct move?

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Im kinda tilting trying to recover quickly, fell strange not bad but can’t describe that feeling like when you fell from a bicycle when you was 5 and hit diaphgram and can’t catch breathe for a while 😂
I am completely calm about such situations. I don't play bingo, I play disciplined poker, so if I'm unlucky in some tournament, I don't get upset. The main thing is to make the right decisions and then in the long term you will have good results.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bad beats are part of poker and they happen all the time. However you should watch your game to see that you are not attracting bad beats. It's not because you have AA that you're going to call the all-in if you have 4 cards of the same suit or a straight put on the turn.
In fact, you should push the bad beats away. You must dodge, avoid as many as you can.
I like a comparison Negreanu once made: Attack preflop and defend postflop.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When it's at the beginning of a tournament I get more upset, because they are villains playing with anything and playing all-in.

But when it's at the end, with the winnings, then I feel better, because they are usually in very justifiable situations.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
after such a bad defeat, your spirit and morale decrease, so you need to take a break and start playing only the next day because you are very angry now and want to recoup but it won't be so you lose even more you need to take a break and everything will be better tomorrow

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
In poker you can play right and it can go wrong
and versus versa ,, it is not chess :) this is the beauty but also the ugliness of this game

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In my opinion, bad beats are less important than knowing whether you did everything correctly or not. And you don't always win if you've done everything right, but if you keep trying to do your best, you'll be more successful in the long run. And when you talk about bad beats, the question is often whether it is really a bad beat or whether you haven't really paid attention yourself and simply ignored the warnings that are clearly on the table. Sometimes you simply have to be able to fold good hands from time to time.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

I really think it's all in the mind. You know the 3 C's....Cool. Calm and Collected. Aim for a state of serene relaxation and calm acceptance and these hiccups won't really affect you and you'll be able to play on and make good decisions, which is the main thing, not so?

lukaszkrzi

lukaszkrzi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand how you feel when you experience a bad beat in the late stages of a good MTT session. It can be incredibly frustrating and tilt-inducing. However, it's important to remember that bad beats are a normal part of the game and everyone experiences them at some point.

Here are some tips on how to cope with bad beats in the late stages of a tournament:

1. Take a break: If you're feeling tilted, step away from the table for a few minutes to clear your head and relax.
  2. Analyze the situation: Try to understand why the bad beat happened and what you could have done differently. This will help you avoid making the same mistake in the future.
  3. Focus on the present: Don't dwell on the past, focus on the current hand and the decisions you need to make.
  4. Don't blame yourself: Sometimes bad beats are just a part of the game and there's nothing you could have done to prevent them. Don't blame yourself for losing a hand, it's not a reflection of your skill as a player.
  5. Stay positive: Don't let a bad beat affect your overall mindset and attitude. Stay positive and focused on the game.
  6. Learn from it: Use the bad beat as an opportunity to learn and improve your game.
  7. Seek support: If you're having a hard time coping with a bad beat, talk to a friend or mentor who can offer support and advice.
Remember, bad beats are a normal part of the game and the most important thing is to stay focused, stay positive, and use the experience to learn and improve your game.

Hope this helps,

J

James2023

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
As long as you make it to the money your winning....It sucks to lose, but sometimes you just got to improve from your loss and realise what hands costed you the tournament and how maybe you should think twice before you call with those hands next time. Sometimes its just straight b.s. though.... and when that happens theres nothing you can do. Just be glad that donkey called you and take notes on them so next time you face you can catch them red handed and exploit their weakness'.

Last edited: