Awfully played hands

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure we have done it from time to time and not squeezed out maximum value out of a hand but are they any times that spring to mind when we have had the virtual nuts but played it badly?
At time that comes to mind for me I had the bottom end of a straight flush with the 8 of spades with 9 10 J Q on board I got slated off the opponent afterwards for not taking his full stack he held the As but he could quite easily of held the king right or should I of shoved and if he held the king good for him

S

sergey3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just the best hand. though not so frequent. At times like this, I make 3BB. And I'm waiting for a raise. If we get to the river, it can be advantageous to show weakness, but like playing a semi-bluff.
If you push straight away, few people respond on boards like this.
There is no point in checking, except to boast to other players what a cool combination he has collected)))
It is advisable to inflate the bank before the river in order to interest the opponent in it.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just the best hand. though not so frequent. At times like this, I make 3BB. And I'm waiting for a raise. If we get to the river, it can be advantageous to show weakness, but like playing a semi-bluff.
If you push straight away, few people respond on boards like this.
There is no point in checking, except to boast to other players what a cool combination he has collected)))
It is advisable to inflate the bank before the river in order to interest the opponent in it.
On the hand in question we were both quite deep and got to the river I bet it he raised not all in and I just called after thinking it over I should of shoved for the rest but thought there's a chance I'm beat

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It also depends on the situation of the opposing man and the other ones and even though a chip couldn't be squeezed, you don't need to blame oneself so much.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the hand in question we were both quite deep and got to the river I bet it he raised not all in and I just called after thinking it over I should of shoved for the rest but thought there's a chance I'm beat

I think, your opponent got caught up in the absolute strength of his hand, but we always need to look at relative strength, and on this board a lot of hands has a straight flush. He is not even supposed to be raising his nut flush on a board like this and much less call a 3-bet. So you totally did the right thing by simply calling his raise and getting yourself to showdown :)

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, your opponent got caught up in the absolute strength of his hand, but we always need to look at relative strength, and on this board a lot of hands has a straight flush. He is not even supposed to be raising his nut flush on a board like this and much less call a 3-bet. So you totally did the right thing by simply calling his raise and getting yourself to showdown :)

Maybe he was tilted but I can remember getting some words in the chat about not taking his whole stack and being a bad player etc

S

scrappypower

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why cant players fold A4 suited to a riase perflop to 700 when blinds are 40/80 do people really not care. CAUSE I DONT THINK THATS A GOOD CALL .on top of it the board comes out AA5

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All your actions are absolutely relative. There are many factors to consider that influence your decisions. Your actions may be correct and yet you may lose.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The question of the original post was around not playing a winning hand to it's full potential you've got close to the nuts but for whatever reason bad bet sizings or making nitty check backs or whatever don't get the maximum value and I was asking people if they can remember any instance when this has been the case

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands