weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
Actually i think it is the right play to slowplay that hand since you would be hoping for the other player to hit his flushes or straights in order to extract from him more money , still you got really unlucky this time but that doesnt mean that you should change the play or not slowplay anymore , you took a hit being unlucky but in the long run you would benefit more from slowplaying such spots.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Avoid slow play at any table position you find yourself in any instances of the tournament you encounter and no matter how many players left in a table have to avoid slow play, only you have an unbeatable hand on the flop can make slowplay, meanwhile no ... tHE sLOWPLAY IS MORTAL

Slow playing a made hand is an effective tool to trap opponent(s) - sometimes for their entire stacks.

But, yes, sometimes one can slowplay their monster hand and trapping themselves...

Well, he doesn't know I have QQ and if he doesn't have a 9 or an A then I am good....lol

Good luck !

Barbarrossa

Barbarrossa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to slow play but I do upon occasion. On the button with AA and hit another A on a rainbow flop.. I slow played trying to raise the pot to a decent level.. Ended up slow playing my Trip aces into a runner runner Flush.

Irritated the heck out of me but realized it was self inflicted. Would I do it again... yeah sooner or later I will. But it really is situational. A double up late in the game is ever so much better than a minimal pot, even with the risk involved.

Could be wrong but that's just me.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that close to the bubble or paid places a slow game is profitable.

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is what I mean when I say that we must avoid (slow play), for example I win that hand on a table ZOOM, $ 76,000 to win real money, it made me play slow for me hunt and was the one who was hunted:driver::driver:
If in this hand you had AA and I had 88, on the flop I would have call you AAA set with 888 set

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate to slow play it will mostly get you in trouble but sometimes it is necessary to try to trap someone and get pay. I like to slow play the nuts so my opponents could hit something so I could get pay.

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its all dependent on time and place, players and there leaks ect. I feel alot of people at the lower stakes over slowplay checking back with over-pairs and stuff. You gotta be careful cause you could be missing out on alot of value.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have had very little success slow playing. I know that most of that is due to a skill deficiency, so right now I am pretty much just trying to focus on developing my overall quality of play. If I ever get good enough where the only way for me to get even more value out of my play is by running plays like a slow play, then it will be a different story. But I am nowhere near that point.

W

WarBabyBunz

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think slow play is a good way to get chips, if you know you have a good hand. I slow play sometimes. Like milking a cow, when you know you have a good flop

P

pokerpie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play pretty fast in comparison to the rest of the table. Just part of my playstyle, so I never slowroll or attempt to do it (might spend some timebank on a hard decision obviously, but if I have the nuts no need to slowroll it's just in poor taste).

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand that the automatic theme meant that after the flop, if you hit it you need to play aggressively