avoid freerolls

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Total posts
Those who know recommend having 100 tickets to play a certain tournament without the bank suffering it, would it help to play tournaments in which there are 20/30 tickets if our bank is short to avoid freeroll?

hugh blair

hugh blair

Total posts
Awards
Avoid the only poker that losing is impossible but wins are there without loss makes no sense to me to be honest.:confused:
I think this is where most players go wrong they think they are too good or important to play freerolls if got 100 times x $1 buy ins,
Maybe 100 x $10 or even 100 x $100 buy ins and more they burn their rolls out on rake and buy ins most of the time hovering up and down limits even good players.

When tired or not on your A game avoiding buy ins altogether is ok no matter how big your bankroll is and ok to play only freerolls in my opinion at this time.

Just because you can play a certain level 100 or 1000 times does not mean you should stick to it as playing freerolls and profiting even $1, $10 or $20 for a day and quitting is ok too.
I think of freerolls as +$50 a week or $2600 a year or $26000 in a decade roughly if note them them in your diary for a dozen sites and play fanatical volume.
091822e3dc0f7caf47bc5e492284fa59.jpg

The upswing possibilities from buy in games afterwards is priceless too think of the big picture long haul.
Too many players made a few hundred quit the freerolls for a year or two headed off into the buy ins turning there back on the freerolls to be humbled and returned to the freerolls on a downswing after missing out on a few k bankroll growth without downswing risk that could have kept them in the game.
I will still be playing risky buy ins and also mixing in plenty of freerolls too with a few dollars earned here and there every week without risk instead while those type of players avoiding the freerolls missed out.:dontknow:

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Those who know recommend having 100 tickets to play a certain tournament without the bank suffering it, would it help to play tournaments in which there are 20/30 tickets if our bank is short to avoid freeroll?

I also dont understand, what OP is asking about. Does "tickets" mean buyins? In that case the question seem to be, if its a good idea to play tournaments, for which you only have 20-30 times the buyin, rather than playing freerolls. And the answer to that question is no. Apart from the fact, he will have a very high risk of losing his small bankroll entirely due to variance, its also more difficult to play well, when you cant really afford to lose.

So my advice to OP is to either make his bankroll larger by depositing more money or accept, that he is limited to those games, he can afford. And if these games are not worth his time, then just dont play poker, until he have enough money for a large enough bankroll for those games, he want to play.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Total posts
Freerolls are different.And the prize money in them is also different.You choose to play you in a Freeroll or not.It is worth spending time to gain new experience in the game.Win a good prize.it all depends on you.I think freerolls are very good for learning.At no extra cost.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Freerolls are always a good opportunity to improve your skills and increase your bankroll. You can play them, you can not play, but still freerolls are a great opportunity for absolutely everyone.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Total posts
Awards
US
If you love poker, freerolls are great! If your just playing for big money no need for them! I love the game so I play them all! Freerolls pay me money almost every day! So lots of fun with profit to boot!

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
The free roll may not be so wonderful.

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
I would never stop playing freerolls, even if I have 100 buy ins. What I do, is playing them more aggresive, so target from the beginning is not ITM, but at least FT.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Total posts
I think the freerolls are amazing to gain experience and to have fun, and they are fun! I had an issue on the platform I was playing when I had set over set by the same person..The odds of set over set are 1% ..I don't even want to try and figure out the odds of set over set by the same person twice...just for me, it was time to move on from that platform personally.

The games are fun, the people are great..just have to find the platform that works for you when playing freerolls to feel your poker game is improving.

Since I only played a couple days a week, that stat just ruined the fun on that platform for me.

https://www.poker-king.com/answers/set-over-set-odds/

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
I like to multi table. So if I play a buy in, and a freeroll is available, I will avail myself. And if a person is ragging on how awful freerolls are, I will never forget that I have withdrawn $500 worth of freeroll winnings into bitcoin and it has doubled to $1k in a month.

Freeroll Passwords