A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Serious question, will there be a "Phind Philthy an Avatar part 3" thread in the lounge? The first two were the longest and most enjoyed by all in that section of the forum since the inception of the site, imo.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Serious question, will there be a "Phind Philthy an Avatar part 3" thread in the lounge? The first two were the longest and most enjoyed by all in that section of the forum since the inception of the site, imo.
Yes.

The PoolBoy

The PoolBoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How come your answers are not even close to funny as Savage Penguin's

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...I 9-12 table 2nl and I do 4-6 SNGs.

Ok, a slight diversion from Tenbob's question.

Why don't you move up to higher levels now?

If you're multi-tabling I assume you are a winning player overall. I mean, people generally play for a mixture of fun and profit, and more tables does not = more fun, and if you're not a winning player at more tables that = less profit. So I'm concluding that you make some sort of profit. And there's more profit to be made at higher levels.

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol yeah, and doesn't more money also = more fun? I know it works that way for me.

So therefore, since

More tables = more hands
more hands = more fun
and
more tables = more money
more money = more fun

then,

more tables = more fun^2

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
9-12 tables is more reactionary. I guess I don't find that more fun. That is, there's no chatting, and it's more about playing position and their HUD stats.

It seems to me that when Philthy makes the "Get a game going" posts, he only sits at one table for those sessions.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why don't you move up to higher levels now?
...Well, I can't at the moment because I cashed out most of my BR. So, I'm only rolled for 2nl and small SNGs.

For me, this is all recreational. I play when I can just to have fun and sometimes I eventually make some money if I'm consistent or I do well in a big MTT. When I can fully focus on it, I'll play higher stakes, but right now with school and work, I barely put in a couple hours a day. So, I just play small stakes just to play.

If you're multi-tabling I assume you are a winning player overall. I mean, people generally play for a mixture of fun and profit, and more tables does not = more fun, and if you're not a winning player at more tables that = less profit. So I'm concluding that you make some sort of profit. And there's more profit to be made at higher levels.
...I sometimes play as high as 24 tables at 2nl, but that's all for fun. I make some profit, but not as much. If I'm playing for profit, then I'll drop down to 9-12 tables. I really don't expect to make much quickly with 2nl. Maybe $50 in a month if I'm consistent, but that's it. So, I'm not playing it to make those huge jumps in the BR. Again, its all recreation-the profits are just an added bonus.

I agree that there is more profits at the higher levels, but a) I'm not rolled for higher limits and b) I just don't feel like playing them right now. I don't think I'm missing out on anything by not moving up.
9-12 tables is more reactionary. I guess I don't find that more fun. That is, there's no chatting, and it's more about playing position and their HUD stats.
...Exactly how it is. 9-12 table, I can multi-task a bit sometimes. When I play 24, its all reaction because tables are popping up one after the other and you have to make very quick decisions. I don't 24 table all the time, but if I'm in the mood, I will.

Some might not like it, but I find it fun. I like having to make quick decisions. I feel it improves my game a bit because I'm not over-analyzing situations as much as before because I can't do that when I MT. I read the board faster, I make decisions faster when it comes to the opponent, I pick up on things faster.

It seems to me that when Philthy makes the "Get a game going" posts, he only sits at one table for those sessions.
...Well, multi-tabling and setting up a CC donkathon are two different things. When I set up the CC game, I'm looking just to have fun and mess around with friends. I don't usually multi-table or multi-table as much because I want to give the CC table most of my attention. Also, I'm usually chatting with people online as well or posting.
above.

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What % of the pot do you like to use for cbets? Valuebets?

Do you triple barrel tptk/overpairs against standard villains?

I only have one monitor and can only seem to fit 16 tables, how do I 24 table?

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you ever considered getting a tattoo?

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, this is all recreational. I play when I can just to have fun and sometimes I eventually make some money if I'm consistent or I do well in a big MTT. When I can fully focus on it, I'll play higher stakes, but right now with school and work, I barely put in a couple hours a day. So, I just play small stakes just to play.

Couple hrs a day is plenty. I probably average like 1hr/day over most months when i don't have alot of free time. If you make like $30+/hr that is plenty to have a decent profit after a month's end. So my question:

Why did you give away your roll and force yourself to play glorified play money poker :( ?

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh and blueberry or cinnamon raisen bagels?

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK here's a couple ...

What would you think would be a good roll for moving up to 05nl and 10nl?

20x buyins at the max would be the same for these tables @ $10 which means $200.

However, 05nl (likw 02) is a deep max buyin at over 200bb.

And especially at 05nl people don't really buy that deep. Niether do they very often at 10nl.

So what do you think would be a good way to approach these transitions?

Now a related question:

After rolling my way up to 20x buyins for 05NL (or 10NL since the max buyins are the same) I ran hot for a couple weeks and then got hit by a crapcloud of way under all-in ev play sending me back down to my required buyin level. I dropped to 02nl and played a little .10L (limit) as I reset my head. Now my BR is going back up...

When should I level up again? Should there be a probationary period?

cAPS

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What % of the pot do you like to use for cbets? Valuebets?
...I usually C-bet 1/2 pot-3/4 pot if I hit or miss. Depending on opponent, I'll valuebet I usually valuebet about 1/3 pot. Sometimes more if I can get a call.

Do you triple barrel tptk/overpairs against standard villains?
...At these limits, yes.

I only have one monitor and can only seem to fit 16 tables, how do I 24 table?
...Like This
Have you ever considered getting a tattoo?
Yes. I want to get a full back of a withering tree.
Why did you give away your roll and force yourself to play glorified play money poker :(?
Well, I'm making profit, Im having fun, and I enjoy it.
And I don't see it as me giving my BR away if I'm being profitable, unless you're implying that I'm a not good enough to beat these stakes...
Oh and blueberry or cinnamon raisen bagels?
Neither. Cheese and onion.

Caps, I'll answer your question later.

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why is "Don't bluff a calling machine" such obvious advice, yet so difficult to follow all the time?