Anyone record themselves playing poker for study?

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I found out I have a lot of small give away tells. Just recorded a 2HR session of myself playing poker online. And notice I have a lot of tells! Glad I don't do live!

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found out I have a lot of small give away tells. Just recorded a 2HR session of myself playing poker online. And notice I have a lot of tells! Glad I don't do live!
What were your tells I am curious

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I do record my plays and like you, I do find them really useful later. Indeed, I think one who aims to improve his play certainly shall look on those records and analyse the play.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
don't already record yourself, but talk out load about your action and your reasons for the lines you take so you can go back and listen to what/why you were doing things. you can find even more leaks this way when you go back and see what you do in the moment where you don't have a ton of time to think about certain situations.

Captain Harlock

Captain Harlock

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just started using Free Cam to record my online games. It's free and simple, my main two qualifiers.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
don't already record yourself, but talk out load about your action and your reasons for the lines you take so you can go back and listen to what/why you were doing things. you can find even more leaks this way when you go back and see what you do in the moment where you don't have a ton of time to think about certain situations.
geez, i hate autocorrect.

what i meant to say: don't only record yourself, but talk out loud about your actions and reasons for the lines you take. this is so you can go back and listen to what/why you were doing the things you did. you can find even leaks when you this way when you have more time to think critically about the hands/situations.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I like this idea. I have recorded myself to view later, but kinda feel dumb now that I never considered talking out the had so I could evaluate my thought process.

Great suggestion!

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To clarify based on comments above, I have only recorded myself playing online. I have never tried recording myself live. Just don't think others would appreciate that