Anyone got tips playing against donkeys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

witl69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the best weay to deal with aggressive players is to trap. Take flops when u can and when u hit a hand they are so easy to trap.You can also limp with big starting hand if u know someone will raise behind you and get them to gamble with you when u have the best hand.
Thats vewry true but I also thi8nk that ontop of that you have to change up your playing style so that they cant get a read on what way you are betting cewrtain cards and certain hands, if you can do all of the above there will always be the occassional lucky suck out but you will increase your winning ratio drastically, good luck to you.

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say just simple patience is what it takes to beat donkeys.
Just wait on your time to make your move and you will be rewarded most of the time.

P

Poh2805

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well there are many things to consider when versing a donk (You may as well see him as a very loose player/calling machine)
Having said that the best way to win against those type of players is by playing tight aggressive.
But sometimes when you're familiar with the donks that you play against, you can loosen up and start playing suited connectors.
I guess most of your plays/winnings/losses come from post flop action and whether or not the donk is chasing.
If they keep calling you're raise or raise themselves, at best, they have two pair/trips rarely a flush or higher. They chase straights often so you might want to look for a higher straight/split pot.
Hope his helps.

One more tip, FORCE them on how to play :p. Use any means neccessary.
Or act alot that usually works

james.g12

james.g12

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play the monster hands, make them pay to see cards raise raise raise

R

redwood54

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
NEVER bluff THEM JUST BE PATIENT THEY WILL GIVE YOU THEIR CHIPS SOONER OR LATER.

R

rcccc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
donkeys

One thing to add. I like the wait and pounce strategy. Thing is, these donks sometimes run lucky for a LONG time. Okay you watch the guy all night go all in with 4 2 or 7 4. He hits it every time. He's the chip leader 3-1 with 8 players left. So you're sitting with Q's and do a normal raise - everyone folds. the donk to my right goes all in......what to do?
This is poker. I called his all in. Sure enough 4 2......what happens? he hits a 2-6 straight on the river......and so......they just might get you this game. On to the next. Or better, just keep folding until you're an absolute lock.....but, they might never let that happen. And tonight, he thinks he's the greatest poker player on earth. Another thing....never engage in any chat with them.

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
which part of your post indicates you are a thinking player (hints: replying to a 5year thread doesn't indicate that you are thinking for a start, the OP states that its a game with friends ...so why say never engage in any chat with them??

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play ABC poker.

Dont make fancy plays since they can not understand advance/deep plays.

If they are so loose passive, punish them by all means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poker Tips