Anybody else can't beat $2NL on ACR?

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suck so bad. Please respond with a number between -$100 and +$100 where you think I will be after 10,000 hands.

565982beed4aace15688430b124b97a6.png

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! Instead of placing a bet on where you'll be, I'll respond to the fact that you posted this in the Learning poker forum.

First of all, you don't have nearly enough hands to have meaningful stats on how you play.

More importantly, since you have a hand-tracker, post some of your big loss hands in detail (we have a forum for that!) and let's see what it is about your poker playing that makes you think you suck.

So my question to you is, are you serious about learning and improving your game?

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! Instead of placing a bet on where you'll be, I'll respond to the fact that you posted this in the Learning Poker forum.

First of all, you don't have nearly enough hands to have meaningful stats on how you play.

More importantly, since you have a hand-tracker, post some of your big loss hands in detail (we have a forum for that!) and let's see what it is about your poker playing that makes you think you suck.

So my question to you is, are you serious about learning and improving your game?

Thanks for the response Nabmom. I am serious, and I can beat higher limit cash games, which is why I'm so baffled I can't beat $2NL.

I've actually recently bought a subscription to Ryan Laplante's LearnProPoker course to try and improve my game-- but he focuses mainly MTT's and I do want to improve both my cash and my tourney play.

I will post hand histories here soon for review since you suggested that! :D thanks for taking me seriously.

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A really good place to post your hand histories in in the cash game and/or tournament game sections on our forum. We have specific places to post a hand and get great feedback. We also have resident professional players (like Ryan for cash games) who have special threads where you can ask any questions you want about the game.

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the response Nabmom. I am serious, and I can beat higher limit cash games, which is why I'm so baffled I can't beat $2NL.

I've actually recently bought a subscription to Ryan Laplante's LearnProPoker course to try and improve my game-- but he focuses mainly MTT's and I do want to improve both my cash and my tourney play.

I will post hand histories here soon for review since you suggested that! :D thanks for taking me seriously.

First congrats on making a buck on the streaming of stormers. It should boost your income for the micros. I play higher stakes. I had a buddy of mine bet i couldn't do the 0 to 1000 challenge so i took a while to get used to the software on ACR and even joined cc because of the lucrative free roll with limited players.

Its been rough start but winning cc free rolls wasnt a hard as i thought. I'm a cash player too. I find it difficult playing the 2nl because unless your willing to nit up your not going to win.

My biggest challenge is notes. I seem to never play against the same players. Good luck

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
First congrats on making a buck on the streaming of stormers. It should boost your income for the micros. I play higher stakes. I had a buddy of mine bet i couldn't do the 0 to 1000 challenge so i took a while to get used to the software on ACR and even joined cc because of the lucrative free roll with limited players.

Its been rough start but winning cc free rolls wasnt a hard as i thought. I'm a cash player too. I find it difficult playing the 2nl because unless your willing to nit up your not going to win.

My biggest challenge is notes. I seem to never play against the same players. Good luck

If you mean they call to much on lower stakes - you don't have to nit it up. Just value-bet thinner.

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you mean they call to much on lower stakes - you don't have to nit it up. Just value-bet thinner.

It’s hard to explain. The $2NL players in ACR are especially good. Mainly they are nitty with GTO like postflop ability.

PT4 has a good auto-note-taking App

V

Vlad Savchenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s hard to explain. The $2NL players in ACR are especially good. Mainly they are nitty with GTO like postflop ability.

No offense man, but it's way more likely that it's you who lack skill, and your opponents actually aren't as good as you think. Although they could be bots, you never know on ACR.

As someone suggested, try posting your biggest losing hands on the forum (there's a section for it here), maybe there are some things that you miss. With $20 lost in 2000 hands it's either a huge downswing or (which is more likely) a sequence of unnecessary mistakes.

Just don't take an approach of "they-are-to-good-I'm-running-bad" crybaby, work on your game, and turn yourself into a winning player.

P.S. Even if NL2 players on ACR are awesome and you're running as bad as it gets, it still means that in order to beat them you have to study and grind. There's not much else you can do, maybe work on tilt-control.

M

mpkr10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As others have said, your sample size is too small. 2k hands is basically meaningless in poker to tell if you are winning or not. Play minimum 20k hands but more ideally 50-100k hands and then see if you are winning.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are playing 2cent NL, not $2NL. 2cNL should be the easiest of the micro stakes, and it's the highest limit I've played myself (and the lowest lol), and no, I am not profitable either, just close to breaking even at best. But I will never play higher stakes until (if ever) I achieve prolonged profitability at the 2cNL.

M

mpkr10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are playing 2cent NL, not $2NL. 2cNL should be the easiest of the micro stakes, and it's the highest limit I've played myself (and the lowest lol), and no, I am not profitable either, just close to breaking even at best. But I will never play higher stakes until (if ever) I achieve prolonged profitability at the 2cNL.

Its not necessarily true that its the easiest stake. Also depends on what site you are playing on. 25nl on some sites is easier that 2nl on others.

2nl is correct. It means 100bb buy-in is 2. Just like how .50/1 is called 100nl or nl100.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its not necessarily true that its the easiest stake. Also depends on what site you are playing on. 25nl on some sites is easier that 2nl on others.

2nl is correct. It means 100bb buy-in is 2. Just like how .50/1 is called 100nl or nl100.

So $100/200NL is called $20,000NL? I personally never heard of that. Maybe that lingo was developed by some microstakes players who were ashamed to admit they were playing penny tables :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So $100/200NL is called $20,000NL? I personally never heard of that. Maybe that lingo was developed by some microstakes players who were ashamed to admit they were playing penny tables :)

200nl ($1/$2)

50nl ($0.25/0.50)

etc. etc. This is what the games have been referred to for as long as I've played nlhe.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Have you played nlhe cash tables previously online? (or just Limit HE live setting)

As others have said, it's too small of a sample size to know much of anything.

Personally I can't recall ever losing playing 2nl even over small sample sizes. (I'm sure I must have though).

My suggestion would be to post a bunch of HH's, ...not just biggest pots lost.

gl

Is this what you are playing while streaming? Or do you mix in other stuff, ie. tournaments, SNG's, etc.
Why do followers want to watch a losing player? And how do you find so many of them? (do you canvas your school or neighborhood?). I'm curious.
I can't imagine people wanting to watch me play. (micros, & low buyin stuff) I'm pretty sure I could give commentary to help a losing player to become a winning player as I have a knack for teaching/coaching but I can't see this as being entertaining (maybe if I could find my target market group... older donks lookin' to no longer be donks)

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

dude, Im telling you the 2nl on ACR has become very difficult even if you are an experienced players. Im amazed at the depth of knowledge of some of these players. $5NL is even tougher. The 2NL in my opinion is like playing 5/10 in Atlantic City. At least at those tables, you will find some fish.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I've always found those cash games at micro levels difficult.
You are not playing for the blinds. They just start the hand, many times you are playing for stacks in family pots and up against a variety of starting hands. When the flop comes the ranges are therefore very wide.

M

mpkr10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dude, Im telling you the 2nl on ACR has become very difficult even if you are an experienced players. Im amazed at the depth of knowledge of some of these players. $5NL is even tougher. The 2NL in my opinion is like playing 5/10 in Atlantic City. At least at those tables, you will find some fish.

these games are very soft, they don't understand basic poker theory, however the rake is very high and the players are kind of nitty and don't really donate a ton like whales do so your winrate will be a lot lower in these games than live higher stakes soft games

M

mpkr10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

if this is true why don't you only play higher stakes? why waste your time at 2nl?

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I mean i dont play cash game on acr but this can not be true. If those NL2 player would have a decent "depth of knowledge", they would play higher no? I cant really imagine NL2 is not beatable there.

I believe you with atlantic city though:D

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if this is true why don't you only play higher stakes? why waste your time at 2nl?

I want to beat every limit for at least 10,000 hands, just sort of a personal goal. Trying to be disciplined but oddly enough I cannot beat $2NL.

M

mpkr10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to beat every limit for at least 10,000 hands, just sort of a personal goal. Trying to be disciplined but oddly enough I cannot beat $2NL.

ok but it makes no sense because in higher stakes games the players are making a lot less mistakes

ive played 2nl on acr recently and the players are pretty bad and the games are good, the rake is crazy high though so it requires some adjustments from higher stakes you might not be making

plus as discussed earlier you are looking at tiny sample sizes, if you beat 2nl for 10k hands it means almost nothing in terms of your true winrate, if you beat it after 100k hands then you have a somewhat accurate picture of your winrate, but ideally you would want 250k hands at least, so your goal to beat a stake for 10k hands is a waste of time, just move up if you can afford it and are beating higher stakes

check this variance calculator to see what i mean:

https://www.primedope.com/poker-variance-calculator/

a 3bb/100 winner (ok, not great winrate) will be losing after 100k hands with a probability of 17%

Last edited:
BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok but it makes no sense since in higher stakes games players are making a lot less mistakes

ive played 2nl on acr recently and the players are pretty bad and the games are good, the rake is crazy high though so it requires some adjustments from higher stakes you might not be making

plus as discussed earlier you are looking at tiny sample sizes, if you beat 2nl for 10k hands it means almost nothing in terms of your true winrate, if you beat it after 100k hands then you have a somewhat accurate picture of your winrate

Let me just get back to you after I've put in some decent volume. I don't disagree with you. Each stake level has its own nuances. Point is, I figured if I can beat higher stakes, that $2NL would feel like beating up on kindergarteners. But in my particular case, not really. I still have to try hard just to eek out 3bb/100.

I think my problem is that it's hard to get paid. You just have to accept taking down small pots. The $2NL players, in my experience on ACR, just play like nits. Predictable nits though. I just have to adjust to the nit style. It takes some losses to realize that the $2NL players always have it on the river if they're betting, versus higher limits where they start bluffing at more correct frequencies.

M

mpkr10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let me just get back to you after I've put in some decent volume. I don't disagree with you. Each stake level has its own nuances. Point is, I figured if I can beat higher stakes, that $2NL would feel like beating up on kindergarteners. But in my particular case, not really. I still have to try hard just to eek out 3bb/100.

I think my problem is that it's hard to get paid. You just have to accept taking down small pots. The $2NL players, in my experience on ACR, just play like nits. Predictable nits though. I just have to adjust to the nit style. It takes some losses to realize that the $2NL players always have it on the river if they're betting, versus higher limits where they start bluffing at more correct frequencies.

yeah i agree for the most part they are a lot nittier, i still don't understand why you want to do this if you can afford to play higher and beating those games but to each his own i guess