Any tips they can share, that have improved your game? Whether in any hand, in your style of play?

• Thread starter GeorgeGurdjieff
  • Start date
G

GeorgeGurdjieff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CL
Chips
Any tips you can share that have improved your game? Whether in any hand, in your style of play?

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
The problem that you often see is that some people simply play with junk and then hope that the river gives them the kart that then saves them from flying out, but usually you can already see on the flop that the cards are not worth anything or you can already see it preflop. And there is no point in hoping that you might still hit the river after all. Only play good cards that are worth playing if it is not good then fold. There are other cards that may be better. No one in poker can only win or lose, you have to be ready for both. And better to fold 1 hand too many and you can continue playing than calling 1 hand too many and you fly off the table. You also always have to pay attention to what seat you are sitting at the table and how the players play at the table. Learn the basics of poker and try to put what you've learned into practice. There is also a 30-day course here on the forum and you can also learn how to improve your poker there. https://www.cardschat.com/strategy/become-a-winning-poker-player/

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A good tip of advice I heard early on (which really resonated with me) was to value bet your hands more and bluff less.
Naturally, everyone should adapt when necessary, but people don't always bluff as much as you think and we still want to get paid when we do hit our best hands.
p.s. I also recommend the 30 Day course mentioned in the post above. My result in that course freeroll game makes me biased ;) but even if it wasn't for that great experience, I'd still recommend this course. It has a lot of quality information and I love how it was presented :)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Top 10 Games Poker Tips