Any Tips in my Live Game?

monterrZ

monterrZ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I'm Jose and I've been playing poker since I was little, my family played every weekend.(They weren't very good.) Currently I am involved in $50 NL HLD Tournaments about once a week. To my knowledge I have grasped starting hands and positioning, also playing my starting hands in each position. I am okay with bluffing, but I tend to play tight and not bluff that often. I have trouble with reading ranges and bluffs from my opponents. But overall I am finishing high top 12 out 42. I feel as if I can do better! How did yall work on yalls live game and just improve in general. I am wanting to finish top 6 this month or next, but I know i just need to practice. I know cash games tend to be different strategy wise than Tournaments, but I need to practice somehow. PLEASE HELP!!!:(

N

nunch92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I'm Jose and I've been playing poker since I was little, my family played every weekend.(They weren't very good.) Currently I am involved in $50 NL HLD Tournaments about once a week. To my knowledge I have grasped starting hands and positioning, also playing my starting hands in each position. I am okay with bluffing, but I tend to play tight and not bluff that often. I have trouble with reading ranges and bluffs from my opponents. But overall I am finishing high top 12 out 42. I feel as if I can do better! How did yall work on yalls live game and just improve in general. I am wanting to finish top 6 this month or next, but I know i just need to practice. I know cash games tend to be different strategy wise than Tournaments, but I need to practice somehow. PLEASE HELP!!!:(

You can practice with fake money online at pokerstars and other sites! The play will be different since its fake money obviously.. but can still practice ranges etc... Or you could play some microstakes online too. Other than that, watching youtube videos could be helpful.

R

rproctor5076

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if i were u i would prqctice online in micro mtts and then u can make top 5 in your live

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls will rarely teach you anything....players are too wild because they have nothing at stake. If you want experience, play at least $1/2 tables.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my advice is to learn to pay attention to everything. watch everyone at the table learn their tells. when you are not in a hand you still need to watch and learn. watch how people react when they look at their cards. take mental if not physical notes on everyone. the worst thing you can do is listen to music and lose your focus. dont get me wrong i listen to music but its with one ear and if people are talking a lot i turn it off. listen to everything people are saying and how they say it. you want to gather ever piece of information you can.

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games Poker Tips