Any tips for good bankroll management?

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all know what Good bankroll Management is (if you don't then check out this article on CardsChat ). However, a LOT of us don't have the discipline to adhere to good bankroll management rules. Are there any tips on how to overcome poor self-discipline and actually build good BRM skills? For me personally I usually start out at micro stakes and then jump straight to $1/$2 where I promptly lose everything.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My simple bankroll management concept is the base 50.

If I have $100, then I can play a $2 tournament. If I have $150, then I can play a $3 tournament. If I have $500, then I can play a $10 tournament, etc.

For the cash tables, this would be my daily buy-in limit.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that in order to successfully build a bankroll, in the first place you need to abandon cash games. In my opinion, it will be more effective to play only in tournaments. At the moment, I play only in freerolls and thus I try to build a bankroll.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bankroll management concepts are no secret. You can choose a smoother BI-100 strategist, often recommended BI-50, aggressive BI-20 (good for quickly passing low levels, for a more or less experienced player starting from scratch, after a big cashout or in a new poker room). The main thing - you must clearly and strictly follow the chosen management strategy. This is most often not enough for the players - patience and stability.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We all know what Good Bankroll Management is (if you don't then check out this article on CardsChat ). However, a LOT of us don't have the discipline to adhere to good bankroll management rules. Are there any tips on how to overcome poor self-discipline and actually build good BRM skills? For me personally I usually start out at micro stakes and then jump straight to $1/$2 where I promptly lose everything.
Save up and then deposit enough to be fully BR'd for 200nl.

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MTT are the way to go. You risk to reward is huge here. Also I agree with one poster. If you say have 50.00 you can play in tourneys that are 1.00 by ins, if you have 100.00 you can play in tourney's that are 2.00 by ins. If you have 500 you can play in tourneys that are 10.00 and so on. Something like you want to have no less then 50 by ins at the least. This way you have a lot better chance of BRM and building your BR.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management Poker Tips