Any book/information suggestions?

HerbalEye

HerbalEye

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive been playing online poker sense I was 14, I am now 19.
Ive always been a break-even player and ive decided I want that to change.

I decided that i want to actually WIN and know WHY im winning.

The past 2 weeks ive been reading online articles, watching videos and l just read Online Poker: Your guide to play... by Doyle Bruns (Read the whole book in under 2 hours, didnt learn much) and glanced through More Hold'em Wisdom by Daniel Negreanu.

Where do you go (other than here) to learn about poker and strategy?
Books?
Online courses?

Sam Carter

Sam Carter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read "Polished poker" by John Anhalt is a good book - try to read it. It's free but has a paid workbook with tasks and questions. It's a good way to learn material I think.

dnegsisabadreg

dnegsisabadreg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Theory of Poker by David Sklansky is the first book everyone who wants to take poker seriously needs to read.

MAdesG

MAdesG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go to intellipoker , in that page you can practice with coaches, and you can see videos of the teams pro and learn more about poker

HerbalEye

HerbalEye

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your input!
I just got my hands on The Theory of poker by David Sklansky
Ive heard its helped a lot of people

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Theory of Poker is a GREAT book but a VERY dry read. I also really enjoyed the Harrington on Hold-em series, especially the third book. Really made me think about the situations and made me go back to the first two books to look over things I missed or misunderstood. For any book you decide to read I recommend not reading it cover to cover in one sitting. Read a topic, process it, play and focus on that topic, and then reread while thinking about how you tried to implement it. You will get so much more out of it and really lock in those lessons you learn.

S

StonerKing6

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can anyone suggest some good books about poker?