Answer, please...thanks!

makian

makian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to steal your blind as often as possible, Go all-in against him more often and avoid situations where he puts you all-in What are the viable strategies for dealing with the intimidation of an opponent?

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At an early stage, I try not to steal the blinds! This is beneficial late stage when the blinds are big!

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think the question is how to stop someone repeatedly stealing your blinds?

I'd suggest remaining patient, waiting for a premium hand, and then trapping them.

Be willing to let go & separate from the hand if the trap backfires first attempt. I.E. (if possible) don't over commit until/unless you have a made hand.

For example, you end up with a big suited ace (clubs) and the flop runs out 789 all diamonds or 557 with two hearts and no clubs- proceed with caution and be willing to change plan.

Also you can defend wider and hope to connect but this can be a risky strategy because LAG's sometimes get dealt monsters too and it can hurt your stack if you end up defending then folding too often.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to steal your blind as often as possible, Go all-in against him more often and avoid situations where he puts you all-in What are the viable strategies for dealing with the intimidation of an opponent?

Follow the math and take your emotions out of the picture, they won't help you.

Calling a wide ranges for a cheap price helps

Being willing to checkraise all in with a decent draw helps.

Rejamming preflop with high cards and suited face cards helps.

Have a plan for how you are going to fight back, and then wait for the situations when you have the right cards to do so.

As long as you defend often ENOUGH you are ok to let you opponents play too loose and try to steal from you too often :)

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely it only remains to be patient and wait for a good hand to counterattack, this is very difficult especially if your opponent has many more chips than you, but unfortunately it is the only strategy left for this type of situation. Be patient, very patient and play only premium hands.