An ambiguous act?

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!
Autumn has come and with it the autumn depression!It seems that everything around is covered with a twilight fog, as is my mood.We are all looking for support in our lives and our hobbies.I met a regular player of microlemites six months ago.We often corresponded with him-we shared our experience, experienced defeats and complained about our inability to collect a decent bankroll.(And a month ago, I found out that my friend won one of the MTTs and received excellent prize money of about $ 56,000.I was sincerely happy for him ,congratulated him on his victory and wished him to switch to abi 10-20, which he can do.Yes, and for the family part this amount would be a great help.) And yesterday, in correspondence, I find out that he plays on the same micro-limits.What's the matter, I ask him,you've got a great bankroll, haven't you? It turned out that at the school where his son studied in the lower grades,a girl was seriously ill and she urgently needed a decent amount for surgery.And he handed over about $ 45,000 !!! And interestingly, his wife supported him!!!!)I asked him how he feels about such an act now-he replied that it betrayed the meaning of his game and rekindled his interest and love for poker with a new force .
And what do you think about his action?

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's a great story. Funny how some things seem to happen for a reason. Good to hear the money went to a good cause. Hope I can make that same selfless act when presented with the opportunity.

I guess the opportunity is always out there, just need the will to give up what is a luxury to me to help with the need of another.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WOW! What a great story. I wish that this poker player will be blessed as he has blessed others.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Unfortunately, there are very few such people. Few are capable of such an act. Such people deserve only respect.